Regal february 11 to 18

daka

Just back from this cruise, unfortunately Mrs.Daka got a nasty case of flu on Wednesday....confined to cabin sneezing, coughing.....anyone else? There seemed to be quite a few "sickies"

Otherwise great cruise....more later...

This is interesting...I returned from the Regal Jan 28...got a slight cough which turned into the flu. I thought in the back of my mind it was connected with the ship. Hope not as I'm returning April 1...guess time will tell..Oh, and I always travel with a travel size Lysol spray and spray everything in the room down prior to use.

I was just on regal beginning feb 4 b2b ending feb 18 , starting beginning of second week I had a severe chest cold now home it has morphed into full blown flu symptoms, I was thinking it may have been the enclave, sauna or steam rooms , had anyone else visited that area of the ship .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just on regal beginning feb 4 b2b ending feb 18 , starting beginning of second week I had a severe chest cold now home it has morphed into full blown flu symptoms, I was thinking it may have been the enclave, sauna or steam rooms , had anyone else visited that area of the ship .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was in none of those areas...spent the week in the sanctuary

Judy

Flu is mainly spread by airborne particles. Just being near someone breathing can pass the virus on to you if that person has the flu.

Also per the CDC: Most healthy adults may be able to infect other people beginning 1 day before symptoms develop. Symptoms start 1 to 4 days after the virus enters the body. That means that you may be able to pass on the flu to someone else before you know you are sick. Some people can be infected with the flu virus but have no symptoms. During this time, those persons may still spread the virus to others.

We got off the Regal on the 11th. We got home late sunday and my DH was diagnosed with Type A flu the next day.

I have *never* known him to be this ill in 47 years! Eight days in so far, and he is still miserable.

Good luck to you!

You were lucky, I can't imagine what it would be like to get sick and have to go home by plane...

we are fortunate to live 15 minutes fro the port.