Booking transfer questions

footballmom

Hi,

We are booked directly with Holland America on the Nieuw Statendam sailing January 13-----2 cabins with 3 people in each. Obstructed veranda with gratuities for 2 people in each cabin included.

I have the opportunity to transfer this booking exactly as is and the TA will add the following:

Pinnacle Grill Dinner

Canaletto Dinner

$50 Beverage Card (Per Person)

I have a couple of questions before I do this.

The dinners are for only 2 people in each cabin----will it matter which 2? I'd like everyone to get a chance to try a restaurant. Or will it only be for the first 2 booked in each room?

Another question---why does it say "per person" after the Beverage Card? Will all 3 in each cabin get a $50 Beverage Card? Or just 2 people in each cabin?

Third question---what can the Beverage Card be used on? We are planning on buying the Signature Drink Package for everyone before we get on board. Can we use the Beverage Card to buy a bottle of rum or something and just take it home? Or would we have to buy more alcohol/soda by the glass/can?

Thank you for any insight you can give me. It has been a long time since I've transferred a booking.

Have to say I agree with POA1 on both points. Dinners shouldn't matter which 2 but the beverage cards are usually given to the first and second booked. Nice thing about them is they can be used by anyone really, so long as it isn't a child ordering an adult beverage. :D

Enjoy your cruise. We are booked on the cruise after yours, departing on the 20th of January.

Agree with the others but wanted to add more about the Beverage card. If you can purchase a bottle of rum at a bar (I've never tried so don't know), then yes, you should be able to use it there. Check the fine print on the Beverage card when you get it. I seem to recall that it can be used at the Explorations Cafe for the purchase of cookbooks, shot glasses and the like. I do know that it can be used for bottles of wine so you wouldn't be limited to wine by the glass.

You can turn the Beverage Cards in and get shipboard credit for them. That way you can use the shipboard credit in the shops.

Can I do the same with the dinners a TA gives you? DH thinks even the MDR takes too long, so he would appreciate the OBC more. (And I wouldn't have to listen to him complain!)

• 3 months later...
On 9/21/2018 at 6:35 AM, footballmom said:

Thanks everyone for all the help!! That would be great turning in the Beverage Cards. I also wonder does anyone know about doing the same with the dinners? Thanks!

Thought I’d ask again as my cruise is in a week.