Travel Games

La professora

:D:While most families play nice games like spot the license plates or VW Bug when they travel, I have to admit my family has a bit of a twisted sense of humor. When we travel to new towns, I like to check out local flea markets. That is where my kids play "Spot the mullet." If you are the first person to see one, you call the color and smack your neighbor as in, "Blonde one." (No one but us knows what we are doing. lol )

On our recent cruise, while looking at cruise pictures posted on the walls, we played spot the fake boobs. One person in our group would call it, and if the majority agreed, you got a point. If the majority said "real," you didn't. I know, we are weird people. :D My daughter also likes to people watch while she makes up fake conversations for the people. With all the Spring Breakers on our cruise, you can imagine she made up some hilarious conversations.

Let me be sure to say, we don't do this stuff loud enough for anyone else to hear and be offended. And before someone gives me a lecture about breast cancer survivors, I know all about cancer. We have dealt with it in our extended family, and the best thing you can do is find SOMETHING to laugh about, but those aren't the boob jobs we were looking for. We just entertain ourselves by being stupid.:D lol So, it is almost Friday. I wondered if anyone else plays any stupid games when you cruise? I thought these might be fun to share and read! TGI (ALMOST) F!

If not games you play, I thought some of you might share stories behind some of the crazy cruise pictures I have seen posted on here. I saw one man wearing a blue wig and a sash. That must have been some cruise. ha ha

If you travel to Mexico you will have sore arms. Seems the 90's need to call Mexico and tell them they want their hairstyle back. Mexico is mullet city. Only other time I saw so many mullets was in the mid to late 90's I had a side job that medical for the WNBA games in town, mullet city there, along with cordory pants, wife beaters, flannel shirts and Doc Martin boots.:p

• 2 weeks later...

we are a traveling family....alot of traveling whether by sea, land or air. people watching is my favorite.

some of the road games we play depend on the time/season. "count the baby Jesuses" during Christmas. we have an ongoing game where one sends a photo to the others if they spot a toilet in the front yard. this is for the road trip. we also have another game we play with the kids, counting flags. we see who can find the most american flags. if we are driving cross country, we also locate the state flags.

another great one is "what were they thinking?" were you wonder what they were thinking when that person said, i'm going to get dressed today and put this on.....or do this to my hair, or whatever it is.

oh, and we travel with a ziploc bag of dice and yahtzee scorepad too lol. gotta stay a bit grounded. lol.

i live in the south. we'd be slappin' someone all the time with mullets still around lol

You all need to come to my work, we've got a few mullets running around. But we also had a very nice looking African American guy who wore a huge afro til 2009 when he retired, so I don't know if he still wears his hair like that now or not. It was like Michael Jackson from the 60's.

We don't play any specific games, but do love to people watch. Hubby like to play spot the RV, he loves to admire other peoples RVs. He'll say would you look at that one & name the brand. I just roll my eyes at him cause I could care less. Our little Salem Lite is just fine by me.

Did you even think when you started this thread? Horrible idea...

Then don't read it.

In my family, we laugh at everything we can--most especially ourselves. If we don't pick on you, we don't like you. When my mom had cancer, I still picked at her mercilessly. I told her if she lost her hair, I would FINALLY have something to buy the woman who has everything--HAIR! Once she reached the one year anniversary--we are now on our 3rd year CANCER FREE, she thanked me for being the only one who didn't treat her like she was dying. ;) If you can't laugh at yourself and all the silliness of life, then life must be terribly hard for you. So, if you want to rock a Joe Dirt hair cut, or if you are a Pamela Anderson wanna be, go for it, but we are going to be silly about it.

Someone said it was horrible that a teacher would play silly games like this. If I didn't have a warped sense of humor, I couldn't do what I do every day. My kids tease me, and I tease the ones who can take it right back. They learn to laugh at themselves. lol I don't tease the ones who can't take a joke. So, if you are offended easily, don't read it.

You all need to come to my work, we've got a few mullets running around. But we also had a very nice looking African American guy who wore a huge afro til 2009 when he retired, so I don't know if he still wears his hair like that now or not. It was like Michael Jackson from the 60's.

We don't play any specific games, but do love to people watch. Hubby like to play spot the RV, he loves to admire other peoples RVs. He'll say would you look at that one & name the brand. I just roll my eyes at him cause I could care less. Our little Salem Lite is just fine by me.

That sounds like my husband and my daughter's boyfriend. They will see some big lifted, big tired truck and tell us that they would trade us for it in a minute. My daughter even says that now when her bf isn't around. She will see a really nice truck and say, "He would trade me for that in a second! " ha ha !

We play "Faces in the Crowd" - celebrity look alike!

People watching is so much fun.... people just amaze me!

Oooh yeah! We saw a guy in the Bahamas who looked just like Bradley Cooper from the side, but when he faced you dead on...not so much. My daughter and I were joking that his girlfriend must constantly try to stay to one side of him. ha ha !

When When Harry Met Sally came out in college, people used to stop me and tell me I looked like Meg Ryan all the time. It happened again when You've Got Mail came out. I enjoyed it and thought it was hilarious, but now I am a little disappointed because she had all that plastic surgery so I can't tell if we would have aged the same or not. I never hear it anymore, but she isn't as popular as she used to be either.

You all just made my morning. These were all so hilarious. My family and I have several little games we play like these. Glad to see we're not the only ones!

We like to make rhymes out of everything. We like to look at different people and see who they remind us of (either someone famous or someone we know personally). If we are in a waiting room or waiting in line, we give everyone a name and the country that they look like they are from.

You all just made my morning. These were all so hilarious. My family and I have several little games we play like these. Glad to see we're not the only ones!

We like to make rhymes out of everything. We like to look at different people and see who they remind us of (either someone famous or someone we know personally). If we are in a waiting room or waiting in line, we give everyone a name and the country that they look like they are from.

We do the name thing too, but that is for people we see often but don't really know. ha ha ! Nothing really bad, just stuff like "Harley man" for the guy we see driving through our neighborhood often.

I agree with: if you can't make fun of yourself, you must be a real dud. DH is an amputee (arm) I call him stubby or say he is a bit short handed. He knows he is acepted when people feel comfortable enough to tease him. Last cruise a guy kept calling him "lefty," which is funny cause he has no left. He just laughed, he would purposely walk up to the guy & sit down with him. I thought it got old after awhile.

La professora: your mom probably survived the cancer because she had a great attitude. They say humor is the best medicine. Congrats on her cancer remission. Good for her.

Funny story about DH: 1st time my mom rode in backseat w/ him driving. He was smoking a cig, talking on cell phone while driving. She taps me on the shoulder, says " :eek: what's he driving with?" We laugh about this all the time. I had to let her sit in front, so she could see he always has his knee on the wheel. ;)

This is a wonderful thread! I am an avid people watcher and would never say anything loud enough to hurt anyone's feelings. I know that occassionally I have my own "what was she thinking" moments. I am usually the one you see at embarkation who is weighed down with lots of carryons . I can still outwalk my elderly parents, and they are usually about 15 feet or so behind me carrying nothing. So, I look like I refused to check my luggage with the porter.

My favorite thing to watch for like others is just because it fits... and why wear sandals that your toes and heels dangle over the ends.

Susie

I agree with: if you can't make fun of yourself, you must be a real dud. DH is an amputee (arm) I call him stubby or say he is a bit short handed. He knows he is acepted when people feel comfortable enough to tease him. Last cruise a guy kept calling him "lefty," which is funny cause he has no left. He just laughed, he would purposely walk up to the guy & sit down with him. I thought it got old after awhile.

La professora: your mom probably survived the cancer because she had a great attitude. They say humor is the best medicine. Congrats on her cancer remission. Good for her.

Funny story about DH: 1st time my mom rode in backseat w/ him driving. He was smoking a cig, talking on cell phone while driving. She taps me on the shoulder, says " :eek: what's he driving with?" We laugh about this all the time. I had to let her sit in front, so she could see he always has his knee on the wheel. ;)

Thank you. I am very thankful she is one of the blessed ones who has been healthy ever since.

I am with you! I think if you tip toe around someone or pretend you don't notice something, you aren't making him feel comfortable. My mom said she got sick of people babying her and treating her nicer because it felt as if she were about to die. If she would get down after her chemo treatments, I would call her Chemo Sobbie ( Remember The Lone Ranger? ) ha ha ! My dad has a heart condition, and he used to have trouble with getting enough oxygen to his brain sometimes. I would tease him about having a "spell." He is one of the smartest men I know. If I quit teasing him, he would think something was bad wrong.

This is a wonderful thread! I am an avid people watcher and would never say anything loud enough to hurt anyone's feelings. I know that occassionally I have my own "what was she thinking" moments. I am usually the one you see at embarkation who is weighed down with lots of carryons . I can still outwalk my elderly parents, and they are usually about 15 feet or so behind me carrying nothing. So, I look like I refused to check my luggage with the porter.

My favorite thing to watch for like others is just because it fits... and why wear sandals that your toes and heels dangle over the ends.

Susie

I have those "what was she thinking" weeks! ha ha ! In the summer, my hair turns Playboy Bunny white blonde--not by my doing and not a particularly flattering color with a tan, because we are water rats. I feel like Hulk Hogan. Once Labor Day is over, I usually go to the hair dresser and have her tone it back to my normal blonde. Last year, she messed something up and turned me a dark brown with pink highlights. It was horrible, but she told me I needed to wait a few days before she fixed it because she wanted to see how much it would fade on its own. Fade on its own??? Seriously? I had to go to school like that. My skin is pretty thick from teaching, but boy did I have to be tough that week. ha ha !

Archived