Who's back from The Liberty today?

LynnAnne

I wasn't going to do a review but will answer any questions anyone may have.

We had a blast. It was just my DH and I (the kids stayed with Grandma and Grandpa) This was my 11th cruise but haven't been on Carnival in years and those were the Fantasy and Ectasy. We usually cruise with RCCL, I was ready for something different. Overall I think they are more similar then different. I was excited to try the food in the dining room but was disappointed RCCL wins with this one, but Carnival wins with other options from Guys and the Cantina and the other lunch options.

The ports of call were wonderful and Half Moon Cay is beautiful along with Grand Turk!! St Thomas we've been to before and still enjoyed it. San Juan was a let down for me, we went to El Morro via the free open air trolley. The town is old and run down and just wasn't something that interested me but the DH enjoyed the fort. It's BIG, bigger than we thought it was going to be.

That's the short and sweet, any other questions ask away. Althought I didn't keep notes but will do the best I can.

Second that for me, will be on Liberty in just under four weeks.

Oops; guess I should say "third" that for me!

I'm on the same sailing at you are (yaay!!).....although this will be 4th time on Liberty...one of my favorite ships!

Barb

Just off the Liberty yesterday and am working on my review. Will hope to have it up at some point this week.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know and I will try to answer them. I also have the Funtimes and will try and get those scanned and posted.

Just off the Liberty yesterday and am working on my review. Will hope to have it up at some point this week.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know and I will try to answer them. I also have the Funtimes and will try and get those scanned and posted.

Looking forward to your review. I might not get to read it all before we leave on Friday, but will definitely read it when we get back. I hope you had a blast!

Looking forward to your review. I might not get to read it all before we leave on Friday, but will definitely read it when we get back. I hope you had a blast!

I will try and get it up before you leave. But the #'s for the G&S folks were not what they advertised and I would say that there was probably only a couple hundred or so. No final numbers but some G&S folks said there were close to 600 of them but we very rarely saw any of them and forgot half the time that they were even around.

We had an amazing time. :D

Welcome back Jobell! I was hoping you would start your review before I leave on Saturday! Can't wait to read it!

What was the highlight of your trip?

Thank you!!! I will try and get some of it up. :D

I would say the highlight was being lazy and having no agenda. lol. Destination wise, Half Moon Cay. ;)

I'm getting impatient....:p

j/k, but please hurry...I am getting so excited for my trip, and would just love to read your review and see your pics!

Lol....I'm working on uploading the pictures. I have tomorrow off (need a full day to get used to being back in real life and the cold...lol) so I'll work on getting the bulk of it up.

So glad that the G&S people didn't disrupt your cruise!

So am I...the only time we really saw them was one night they had a deck party and we went and listened to the music and to people watch. lol

sorry to be dumb...I looked through the previous posts and all..but what is G&S :confused:

Grown & Sexy. There was early talk that there would be close to 2000 of them on our sailing. A lot of people that were originally booked ended up rebooking other sail dates. We opted to stick it out (airfare was already booked and couldn't afford to rebook) and ended up only seeing maybe a couple hundred of them.

Hi there...

I went on this same cruise in November.... my review link is on the bottom of my signature if you want to read another opinion!!

Have fun!

Catrin

I have started to read your review...did you go to Half Moon Cay? We are going to Belize, GC, Roatan, and Cozumel (not necessarily in that order) - but it doesn't matter, I still see some great photos of the ship!

Wanted to mention that for our Freedom cruise at the end of October, we also stayed at the Hampton Inn on Stirling Road. Was the remodeling done by the time you arrived? We had to enter through a side door and check in at makeshift desk which was obviously former room(s).

We walked back to Ale House and purchased wine at the Big Lots in the plaza behind the hotel! Convenient!

I have started to read your review...did you go to Half Moon Cay? We are going to Belize, GC, Roatan, and Cozumel (not necessarily in that order) - but it doesn't matter, I still see some great photos of the ship!

Wanted to mention that for our Freedom cruise at the end of October, we also stayed at the Hampton Inn on Stirling Road. Was the remodeling done by the time you arrived? We had to enter through a side door and check in at makeshift desk which was obviously former room(s).

We walked back to Ale House and purchased wine at the Big Lots in the plaza behind the hotel! Convenient!

We did! There are tons of pictures of HMC there. We bought our sodas at the Big Lots......I think the remodel was done.... our room was very comfy, but the rest was just adequate.

Hope you enjoy my review, we did not do a lot, but certainly had a relaxing week!

Catrin

Is the free trolley easy o get to in San Juan? Thinking about getting on it just to sight see. Not sure what to do there. Not into forts, is there any beaches? Come on guys can't wait to read your reviews and see your pictures, getting so excited!

Is the free trolley easy o get to in San Juan? Thinking about getting on it just to sight see. Not sure what to do there. Not into forts, is there any beaches? Come on guys can't wait to read your reviews and see your pictures, getting so excited!

The free trolley is easy to get to, we were docked at pier 4 and I think it's right across the street from pier 2, it wasn't a far walk at all. There is a stop which is right across the side street from the tourist information booth they have. I think it's stop number 1. We went to the fort and it drops you off right at the entrance to the fort. There were quite a few stops along the way one being the other fort. But it doesn't go to any beaches that I know of. Might want to consider an excursion, I wish we would've.

Waiting for your review, getting so excited!

Archived