Eurodam: Deck 5 Forward Veranda Staterooms

rkacruiser

In the interest of trying to be informative for others on Cruise Critic based upon the experience of my friends and me:

Baltic Experience and Viking Passage of 2013, August/Sepetember, 2013: Stateroom 5039 for me

My friends are currently aboard from Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale: Stateroom 5040

Expect a veranda that is wet more days than not. I have a photo I made of my veranda that I am sending to Mr. Kruse: its title: Surf's Up! Yes, due to the motion of the ship, there was enough water on the veranda that a mini-wave was created. My friends' cabin on the port side of the ship has also been wet.

A very prompt response to my concern from the Front Office resulted in our Cabin Steward removing the excess water from the veranda so that it could be used without our shoes getting wet. But, the veranda often had water on it. But, not as much as before I notified the Front Office of the issue. The Cabin Steward said that the problem was due to a design defect. Now, tell me, the Eurodam is #5 in a series of similar vessels. How can this problem exist?

I posted this on the Cabin Selection Tips with the hope that 5040 would not have the problem. The fact that it does also have the same problem, I decided this also ought to go onto the HAL Board. Buyer Beware!

I regret feeling that I have to post this. This is the most annoying/serious problem I have ever experienced on a ship of the Holland America Line.

We were recently on the Eurodam (9/22--10/2). We were in #5077, our friends were in #5039, the very cabin you had trouble with. We had no such problem. Our friends never mentioned such a problem, only how much they enjoyed being out on their verandah! We will see them in two days. I'll be sure to ask about this.

Now, tell me, the Eurodam is #5 in a series of similar vessels.

By the way -- the Eurodam is the first ship in the Signature class ships.
What he means is that the four Vistas are essentially the same ship from deck 8 on down.

. . . for posting this. It does give those choosing cabins a heads up. It's not the experience HAL passengers have come to expect and to appreciate. Not that we expect perfection, but this is a situation far from perfect. Hoping your next veranda cabin will be much better. :):):)

Him we've sailed three times in VDs on the 4th deck and never had this; we had 16 ft seas on our last cruise (three weeks ago). Odd.

The staterooms' verandas below us on Deck 4 were always dry when ours was wet.

The water was not coming from the sea. It was rain that did not drain and when they washed the verandas, it again was water that did not drain properly.

Archived