Cabin choice on insignia

arl_nocaps

Cannot make a decision ---will there be noise in a ph suite ? If i go with a3 will i be sorry because it is so small? Do i need a concierge cabin and will a b1 be just fine ? Not a lot of choices for sept 2019. Any help will be appreciated.

Arl_nocaps ( yes funny- all caps)

The size of cabins in A and B catagories are the same. The difference is in the amenities. (1-3 (a1, a2...)) is location. See: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/insignia/suites-staterooms/

For cabin differences. It would be your decision if amenities in Concierge class are worth it for you. We were on the Penthouse floor on Regatta on the A1 cabin, and heard minimal noise. It would be where you are considering the penthouse (1,2 or 3).

Cannot make a decision ---will there be noise in a ph suite ? If i go with a3 will i be sorry because it is so small? Do i need a concierge cabin and will a b1 be just fine ? Not a lot of choices for sept 2019. Any help will be appreciated.

Arl_nocaps ( yes funny- all caps)

We decided on a ph suite on our first Oceania cruise on the Insignia. We chose a ph guarantee and were upgraded to a ph2. We booked very late and not many cabins were available. Our primary reason for choosing ph was the size of the bathroom. As others have said, it is a matter of preference. We don't care about having a butler - nice but for us not necessary.

Generally, on any cruise, for us a balcony is a must because we love just watching the ocean. We love it even if the weather is bad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we started out on Renaissance (on the then-R2, now Regatta) we were in a Deck 7 veranda. We enjoyed the room, found the bathroom okay but the shower far too tiny. Then we discovered what Oceania calls a PH and since then have in general opted for that category.

For US the extra room is worth the extra cost. That's not the case for everyone.

By the way -- I've said this before! -- when we took a downsell in July 2016 from a PH to a B1 on Nautica we were surprised NOT to be bothered by the bathroom size. Not even the shower! And this was after several cruises on Marina in either Vista or Oceania suites.

So you won't know til you try it out!

Yes, the veranda bathroom on the "R" ships is small but we always found there was plenty of storage room for toiletries, etc. And in a way I enjoyed getting out of the shower and having just enough room to dry off with a towel!

Why would you think a PH suite would be noisy? We've never found them to be so. We had a lot more noise in Vistas on the "R" ships and the aft Oceania suites on Marina when docking or leaving port. That can get pretty loud. But PH suites on all ships have always been plenty quiet in our opinion.

I don't think you will "need" concierge unless you want to take advantage of the "free" laundry offer. You would have access to the lounge if you were on an "O" ship, but you won't be, so that's not a factor. You could have a warm breakfast in the room but quite frankly we didn't find there was room to do so in an "A" cabin. Check out the amenities offered for a concierge suite on an "R" ship and see if you really need them. Personally, we didn't ... and remember, we do like the larger suites and book them whenever we can.

Mura