Paul Gauguin Question Before Departure

PJLDAWN

Would greatly appreciate hearing from any and all re whether they found they needed sweaters, wraps, etc. to keep warm during any aspect of a sailing in French Polynesia - whether inside the Paul Gauguin, or on deck in the evening. We're packing for 1 Oct departure from home. Many thanks.

Patrick and Dawn

Patrick and Dawn:

Bon Voyage! This is very unrelated to your question about clothing. (And, I agree with the others - you will not need a wrap/sweater - except for maybe in the showroom lounge with the ac.)

We have cruised several times on the PG, and are still thinking about cruise for this year. Our concern is if there has been a big turnover with crew members - as the ship is leaving the Regent fleet later this year.

If we provided some names of crew members, would you mind letting us know when you got home - if they were still working onboard? We would most appreciate it!!

Kath

I always need a sweater for the airplane trip, so I always have one with me on the PG or any other place far away. My wife feels the chill often in the dining rooms so she usual has something to put over her shoulders, either a sweater or a shawl.

I don't think I ever needed anything at night on deck.

Well, thanks, Egret. You reminded me that we also need something for the airplane so the sweater/wrap will be available to us on the PG. Fellow passengers should watch for the guy in the sweater on the PG's 3 Oct voyage. I'll follow up for this on my return.

Pat

My wife occasionally used a wrap, no sweaters or anything like that. I was comfortable in short sleeves everywhere, all week.

Siglo is on for the next couple of weeks, then off on vacation, then back in January unless they decide to take a better offer. We talked with them about this...

Cheers,

Ken

Archived