Air BNB in San Juan

ragethjj23

We are staying at airbnb this coming weekend. I have been thrilled with who I found. Jose also has a car service, so he will be picking up various parties and taking them to various apartments. We also have him schedule to pick up everyone and deliver us to the Pier.

We stayed at an Airbnb last winter. Previously we had stayed at the Marriott in OSJ and a boutique hotel. While the apartment was clean it was noisy all night. People in OSJ stay out very late or maybe it’s very early? We would see party goers stumbling home when we were waking up for breakfast.

We felt safe and all but I’d recommend ear plugs!

I will say we also heard the noise the year we stayed at the boutique hotel. Next time I’ll say again at the Marriott or similar type hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have one booked for a few days in Jan and another for a few days in Feb.

I will try to remember to post reviews afterwards.

We are doing Airbnb for the first time on our upcoming trip to San Juan at the end of this month. I will try to remember to post back here about our specific property we selected once we return. Condado area on the 9th floor of an apartment tower.

• 1 month later...
We are staying at airbnb this coming weekend. I have been thrilled with who I found. Jose also has a car service, so he will be picking up various parties and taking them to various apartments. We also have him schedule to pick up everyone and deliver us to the Pier.

Hi jswdlw...we are sailing out of San Juan in early March and would love to know more about the space where you stayed and Jose's car service. Currently we have reservations at the Best Western pre and post cruise, but can cancel without penalty. We enjoy the out of the way-"local" places and would love to directly support the locals directly.

Thanks in advance

We have an airBNB booked for early February in Old San Juan. It is located close to the San Cristobal fort.

This is our first time using airBNB. I hope it is a good experience and will try to let you know after we return in mid February.

I’m sitting in a courtyard of and AirBnB in San Juan right now. Very close to San Cristobal. Really, really nice. It’s very much like staying at El Convento given that this building is over 250 years old.

We have a different one next month as we finish a cruise on the Adventure of the Seas.

You can see some new damage from the hurricane, but it’s more near gas stations than here in the old structures.

It’s a great alternative to a hotel here. Can cook if you want, or plenty of restaurants near if you don’t. The only “issue” I can realistically come up with is that it’s farther from taxis than hotels.

So some notes, it’s now Monday morning, and there is some neighboring construction going on. In my +20 years of coming to Old San Juan, something has always been being worked on.

Also, double and triple check your reservation and it’s condition. Someone in our party had to move to a hotels as their place in Isla Verde didn’t have full water service.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at an AirBNB on January 20th, 2018. It was in the Parque area. His listing said YES POWER, YES WATER so we booked it, even though he did not respond to my question before I booked.

The Monday before we were to stay, I messaged him to ask about check in. He did not respond. I also called him twice before we flew in that week and he did not answer or return my phone message.

Once at the airport, we tried calling him multiple times. He did not answer or respond to my phone message. We still took a taxi to the place and of course, found it locked. I called several times while the taxi kindly waited around. Finally, he called me back.

His brother came down and let us in and explained things. He demonstrated the water worked. 30 minutes after he left, the water was not working. He had said to call or text for problems and of course I called and texted and no response.

We spent the night with no water or flushing toilet, as we didn't have the energy to try to find something new at that point. Our cruise was the next morning so we toughed it out.

It was in a good area for shops, restaurants and 2 blocks for the beach but I would not recommend AirBNB for San Juan right now. Several other cruisers had similar problems with their rentals also, that I talked to on our cruise.

The general attitude seemed to be they weren't making their rentals a priority right now. Understandable, but they shouldn't be renting them until they can attend to them.

• 2 weeks later...

We just came back from our stay in Old San Juan and Jewel of the Seas cruise. We stayed at Lincoln Corner for 3 nights pre cruise and loved it! I left a review on Airb2b today, so check out the site for that. This was our 4th time staying in Old San Juan, and previously we stayed at Sheraton, El Convento, and Milano. This is a great alternative to a hotel, and the location is fantastic!

We just came back from our stay in Old San Juan and Jewel of the Seas cruise. We stayed at Lincoln Corner for 3 nights pre cruise and loved it! I left a review on Airb2b today, so check out the site for that. This was our 4th time staying in Old San Juan, and previously we stayed at Sheraton, El Convento, and Milano. This is a great alternative to a hotel, and the location is fantastic!

That is wonderful to hear from someone who stayed there! Although, I had no doubts about the place to begin with but still nice to hear it! I can't wait to get there!

Thanks for letting me know. I will be sure to check out your review :cool: