What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

We originally booked a 'guarenteed oceanview' on the NCL Jade. We received the email about bidding for an upgrade, offered a balcony or a mini-suite/balcony. I don't remember what their suggested prices were, but we bid $25pp for balcony and $50pp mini-suite. They surprisingly accepted our offer for the mini-suite! $100 total and well spent!!!

First time on Norwegian, and I don't think I'm a fan of the bidding system... Sailing on Breakaway on May 29th, bid on 5 different Haven upgrades, and increased bids to higher than what was previously accepted by another poster... Looked at website today and now all Havens are listed as "sold out". I guess that means we're totally out of luck. Such a bummer, because our bids were in the 'fair' and 'good' ranges. Deep sigh... I'm sure we'll have a blast regardless, but I'm still surprised it didn't work out. I wish everyone else luck! :(

Does not necessarily mean that at all. A lot goes into the equation of granting an upgrade. It is not just your bid amount. As far as cabin availability goes, depending on how far out you are form sailing, it is quite possible that TA holds will be released before sailing date.

Thanks for your thoughts, Maniacal Cruiser (love your name and photo btw)! Being new to NCL, I think I've put too much energy and effort into figuring out how to win one of these bids... Won't make that mistake again, and I'll be much more breezy about it in the future. If a suite does somehow shake free, and we get it, it'll be a lovely surprise! I love cruising (Disney, Windstar, Viking, Oceania, Celebrity, Princess, RCL), so I'm sure my experience on NCL will be no different.

got my upgrade from inside to aft balcony on the Gem for this Saturday also. bid 200 for it we are so ready never been in a aft before was on bucket list. Next will be penthouse i hope maybe on our 50th anniversary .18 cruises and counting .:D

got my upgrade from inside to aft balcony on the Gem for this Saturday also. bid 200 for it we are so ready never been in a aft before was on bucket list. Next will be penthouse i hope maybe on our 50th anniversary .18 cruises and counting .:D
Congratulations!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

So if your bid is accepted I'm assuming you can't decline it? If you just bid on a balcony and it's an obstructed or you just don't like the cabin selected can you just stick with what you originally had booked?

So if your bid is accepted I'm assuming you can't decline it? If you just bid on a balcony and it's an obstructed or you just don't like the cabin selected can you just stick with what you originally had booked?

Nope you have to take it- They will bill your credit card immediately upon accepting your bid.:eek:

If your bid is accepted, it goes through immediately. They can't hold two cabins for you and wait for you to decide. They immediately move you to the new cabin so they can book someone else or upgrade someone else to your "old" cabin. They are processing probably hundreds of bids at a time, just days prior to sailing, and they are like links in a chain. If someone upgrades to a Haven suite from a mini-suite, then they can fill that mini-suite with someone upgrading from a balcony, then they can fill that balcony with someone upgrading from an ocean view, etc. If they gave everyone in that chain an opportunity to turn down their upgrade cabin, the whole thing would fall apart.

My family will be on the Pearl May, 27 for Alaska. I got the email to bid from a Balcony to a Mini Suite or better. This is my first cruise and I'm already freaking out! We have a forward / starboard Balcony and from what I've read people prefer aft / port. Our stateroom is located in a nice and quite location. I thought about bidding on a Mini Suite or Penthouse, but hate not knowing about the location beforehand. What do you guys think?

I would like to add some information about this whole upgrade bidding process. Yesterday morning someone posted that they won a bid on a cabin that I was also bidding on. I know it was the same cabin because there are only 2 cabins in that category and one has been booked for a long, long time. No problem there. Yet, my bid still said pending and I could still do a modification if I had wished to and I have yet to receive a denial. My bid just recently within the last hour, changed from pending to processing, yet I'm fairly certain that my bid has been out of play for more than 24 hours. Just more information on the bidding black hole.

I would like to add some information about this whole upgrade bidding process. Yesterday morning someone posted that they won a bid on a cabin that I was also bidding on. I know it was the same cabin because there are only 2 cabins in that category and one has been booked for a long, long time. No problem there. Yet, my bid still said pending and I could still do a modification if I had wished to and I have yet to receive a denial. My bid just recently within the last hour, changed from pending to processing, yet I'm fairly certain that my bid has been out of play for more than 24 hours. Just more information on the bidding black hole.
Are you on Saturdays Gem? Maybe the person in the other suite canceled?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app