Cozumel Self Driving Tour

eyeeye

Will be in Cozumel in a few weeks. Been here many times before but am thinking about renting a Jeep for a self guided drive of island. Any suggestions of must see or stops. Traveling with 2 active boys. Is it worth the hassle of the rental or just do an organized excursion?

Thanks

Will be in Cozumel in a few weeks. Been here many times before but am thinking about renting a Jeep for a self guided drive of island. Any suggestions of must see or stops. Traveling with 2 active boys. Is it worth the hassle of the rental or just do an organized excursion?

Thanks

The main question I would ask is "Do you want to drink?" If yes, maybe rent a taxi for the day and leave the driving to a pro.

We did a Jeep a couple times. We enjoyed the other side of the island much better.

I recommend the insurance as well.

I am sure if you are driving with two kids you would not be getting sheet faced.

I would hire a private driver or a taxi from the pier for a number of hours.

How old are the boys?

ages 9 and 10

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Suggestions for stops with boys that age to research (clockwise trip round island)would be chocolate factory, possibly San Gervasio, depending on kids very small ruins, Punta Morena on east coast with lots of room to run and play and small pool to dip in, Coconuts for view (although some would caution exhibits - your call), Chen Rio, El Mirador, possibly blow holes(if they are cooperating!), Punta Sur (entrance fee) for lighthouse, lagoon and sea water crocodiles and possible beach club stop. (Punta Sur could be a couple of hours or all day stop.)

Depending on you mode of transport and length of time you take to go round the east side - for example, if you take a taxi tour for 3 hours and have extra time you could get the taxi to drop you off at one of the southern beach clubs on the way back for extra beach time eg Paradise Beach or Mr Sanchos PAYG and return to ship by independent taxi.