first day

Question: Besides the Windjammer, is the pizza place or Johnny Rockets open around 3pm on embarkation day? We are sailing on the Mariner sunday and was curious if anything is available other then the buffet.

Question: Besides the Windjammer, is the pizza place or Johnny Rockets open around 3pm on embarkation day? We are sailing on the Mariner sunday and was curious if anything is available other then the buffet.

There is no separate pizza place; Sorrentos Pizza is separate and available on Freedom class and larger. The Café Promenade offers snacks and pizza and should be open when you board, yes.

As far as JR, It was on Allure, and it was on Freedom. so I assume it will be on Mariner. There is one thing Mariner won't have that your Freedom cruise had, us :) PS, photos to follow on Facebook?

There is no separate pizza place; Sorrentos Pizza is separate and available on Freedom class and larger. The Café Promenade offers snacks and pizza and should be open when you board, yes.

FYI, there is a Sorrentos on Majesty after its 2007 (I think) retrofit.

Cafe Promenade is popular as an alternative to WJ. Especially if you like abrew with lunch as Wig & Gavel is close by. Many like ot sit in PR and watching people coming abord and gawking at the Royal Promenade space. That was out plan for upcoming cruise but since they moved our boarding time and departure back three hours we may not be on ship until well after lunch time.

Not sure about other places to eat on the Mariner. We went to WJ on FOS. It was very busy and a bit stressful for us. The reason why, was the crowds and we did not know where anything was. My poor 11 yr old son was stressing out because he just wanted pizza and didnt know where it was:eek:!!!!! We were not sure where to sit and how to find each other after we got our food. There are statues(contemporary art type) and we pointed to one and said "we will meet there". Once you get the lay of the land, the WJ is great and you and your family will get into your routine for the week.

Have fun and you are always free to ask the staff once you are on board. They are all around greeting you as you board

As far as JR, It was on Allure, and it was on Freedom. so I assume it will be on Mariner. There is one thing Mariner won't have that your Freedom cruise had, us :) PS, photos to follow on Facebook?

Of course i will.

Archived