Trikes in Aruba

Csh2145

We just did this tour last tuesday ( 29th ). Absolutely fantastic. Did the morning 3 hour tour which took us all over the island. There were only 3 trikes in the group. My husband drove the stick, but the other two were automatics. The gas was on the right handle, brake right foot anf the clutch left foot. Gears in the middle.

Absolutely recommend!

YAY! So excited to hear you enjoyed it! We will be doing it as well the first week in February. Do you get an opportunity for water/drinks/food along the way?

YAY! So excited to hear you enjoyed it! We will be doing it as well the first week in February. Do you get an opportunity for water/drinks/food along the way?

We brought a coupe of water bottles and stored them in a small compartment in the back. They do make a couple of stops for you to use the restroom and to purchase food and drinks.

We just did the Trikes on Dec 1st and had a blast. I did have a manual shift, but others had automatics. They recommended Eagle Beach after the tour for beach time. Big mistake, the location was packed and very noisy. Not a good beach for relaxing by or in the water. I wish I had researched better beaches before arriving. Had another tour operator recommend Eagle Beach, so they must be getting some sort of kickback for getting people there. If you like to jet ski, be in the middle of large crowds, and have other beach group activities this is the place.

There web site says licensed drivers so assume if u have DL and proof of insurance you're good to go. When we did this almost 3 yrs ago they only had gear shift vehicles but now have some autos I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I contacted them about this and they said that there is no age minimum, the only regulation is that you have a driver's license.

• 1 month later...
We just did this tour last tuesday ( 29th ). Absolutely fantastic. Did the morning 3 hour tour which took us all over the island. There were only 3 trikes in the group. My husband drove the stick, but the other two were automatics. The gas was on the right handle, brake right foot anf the clutch left foot. Gears in the middle.

Absolutely recommend!

So the clutch set up is like in an American car then? Previous post said opposite....

• 3 weeks later...

We did this tour last week and LOVED it.!! Cannot wait to do it again in Cozumel or St. Maarten next! My husband has a bike and is a very experience rider and enjoyed it a lot, although he's tall and it was a little "short legged" for him. He said he would have gone out and ordered one if the seat would have been back 6 inches (He's 6'4"). So glad we decided to do this. Even those with No bike experience had no trouble driving them.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone taken the "sunset" version of this tour? It is an hour shorter and $40 less. When we are in port in October, the afternoon tour is booked (we don't arrive until 11, so morning isn't an option). They are offering a sunset version, but that will mean foregoing dinner at Passions. It seems like it would be worth it, but I would like some opinions from folks that have taken the sunset tour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has anyone taken the "sunset" version of this tour? It is an hour shorter and $40 less. When we are in port in October, the afternoon tour is booked (we don't arrive until 11, so morning isn't an option). They are offering a sunset version, but that will mean foregoing dinner at Passions. It seems like it would be worth it, but I would like some opinions from folks that have taken the sunset tour.

I've never taken the sunset tour, but I would think it would be amazing. I'd definitely pick this over dinner anywhere.

I've never taken the sunset tour, but I would think it would be amazing. I'd definitely pick this over dinner anywhere.

I think we are going to try it. Right now there are only 2 couples signed up, we need a 3rd for them to do the tour. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

I think we are going to try it. Right now there are only 2 couples signed up, we need a 3rd for them to do the tour. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Does your cruise have a roll call?

Post the tour there.

I think This "Trike" tour will be even better than the day trip because it won't be so hot.

This is probably the most preferred tour on Aruba.

Give details about the tour and share a link to this thread.

Good luck - I hope you get a third couple.

Judy

You can copy and post my comments to your roll call.

Hi all,

I represent the other couple taking the Sunset Tour in October and I have details in case anyone is looking here and not in the Roll Call (where I posted yesterday). I also intend to post it in the main forum to hit as many eyes as possible, so apologies if I offend. We REALLY want to get this tour going!

This was my original post. We'll be on the Equinox for a 10-nighter, sailing October 5th and spending 11am to 11pm in Aruba on the 10th.

Anyway, if you tried to book the Trike tour in Aruba and were unsuccessful, like me, I have some great news. I tried to book again yesterday and got the usual 'fully booked' email, BUT with the addition that they are considering adding a sunset tour, detail below...

However we thinking about open a Sunset Tour that day but we need more than 3 Trikes to do so reason why we are contacting all people on wait list to offer this tour.

Will be pick up time 4:30 tour time 5:00pm to 7:00 pm and drop off time 7:30 pm will cost $150 per Trike (2 persons).

I promised I would help promote the tour so if you're going to book, please mention that I suggested it. I don't get any kind of commission, but I like to show I keep my promises! I'm doing this purely because it's supposed to be one of the best tours on the island and I want to go!!!!

Email: info@trikes-aruba.com

So, we just need one more couple to sign up and we're all set!

Hi all,

I represent the other couple taking the Sunset Tour in October and I have details in case anyone is looking here and not in the Roll Call (where I posted yesterday). I also intend to post it in the main forum to hit as many eyes as possible, so apologies if I offend. We REALLY want to get this tour going!

This was my original post. We'll be on the Equinox for a 10-nighter, sailing October 5th and spending 11am to 11pm in Aruba on the 10th.

Anyway, if you tried to book the Trike tour in Aruba and were unsuccessful, like me, I have some great news. I tried to book again yesterday and got the usual 'fully booked' email, BUT with the addition that they are considering adding a sunset tour, detail below...

However we thinking about open a Sunset Tour that day but we need more than 3 Trikes to do so reason why we are contacting all people on wait list to offer this tour.

Will be pick up time 4:30 tour time 5:00pm to 7:00 pm and drop off time 7:30 pm will cost $150 per Trike (2 persons).

I promised I would help promote the tour so if you're going to book, please mention that I suggested it. I don't get any kind of commission, but I like to show I keep my promises! I'm doing this purely because it's supposed to be one of the best tours on the island and I want to go!!!!

Email: info@trikes-aruba.com

So, we just need one more couple to sign up and we're all set!

I mentioned before how awesome I think this will be. I would have picked it over a day tour.

I like the way you are working the system.

You can't step on people's toes.

They don't have to read it if they so choose. (mistake on their part).

Good luck and I really hope you find that third couple.

I tend to think that you will.

I KNOW you will find it to be an amazing tour!!

You still have over 2 months til the cruise.

Judy

Does your cruise have a roll call?

Post the tour there.

I think This "Trike" tour will be even better than the day trip because it won't be so hot.

This is probably the most preferred tour on Aruba.

Give details about the tour and share a link to this thread.

Good luck - I hope you get a third couple.

Judy

You can copy and post my comments to your roll call.

Hi Judy,

I did post it on the roll call also. We did get the 3rd couple, yippee! I haven't heard from the Trike people yet to firm it all up, but I hope to soon.

Hi Judy,

I did post it on the roll call also. We did get the 3rd couple, yippee! I haven't heard from the Trike people yet to firm it all up, but I hope to soon.

I would imagine that you will get at least one more couple.

If I remember correctly, the maximum is 5 trikes.

You may fill up.

I envy you.

I know it will be wonderful.

Take your camera & keep it with you.

If you can secure it on your wrist or somewhere - it will be safe.

We had one couple that put their camera in the storage & never got a photo!

I took some while we were moving! Fun.

Are there any helmets available to use?

I would doubt it as these things are classed as cars in Aruba. To me, it doesn't look necessary (and I'm a biker).

I'm sure they'd answer you if you were to shoot them an email, though.