Tex Mex on Fantasia.....

citizenfrank

Getting closer to Fantasia cruise. Couple of questions about the Tex Mex speciality dining option...

1. Is this the only speciality dinning on board?

2. It's offered in advance at £17 per head ...worth it?

3. Any menu to be posted as I cannot find anywhere?

4. What is the make up of the meal, courses, choices, number permitted etc?

Thank you in advance

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with Jimmy, Frank. We've been a few times to the Tex-Mex (both on Fantasia & Splendida); it's really not worth paying for. We only went because of our Black Card perk and then we only went once when on Fantasia last year - it wasn't worth going back for another 'free' night. Service is generally diabolical, too.

Looks like that will be an 'avoid at all costs' then lol

Great to know though....it did look naff on the pics and videos I've seen.

Speciality dining looks much more worthy on Seaview!

I agree in all points!! Did the three Chef´s Court restaurants (panasian, Butcher´s Cut, Ocean Cay) and all were absolutely worth the money (had the trio). From what I was able to taste on the Seaview it´s pretty much the same stuff. The menu of Ocean Cay has changed due to the cooperation with Ramon Freixa and they´ve changed the concept of the Bistro. We didn´t have the time to try that one out on the Seaside. But I went there for the tastings on the Seaview and food was very good!

steamboats

Just got off Fantasia on Wednesday and although none of us went Tex-Mex, we all agreed it appeared unappetizing. We spoke with others that had been and there were no glowing reviews, mostly negative.

Unlike the zoo that is the Zanzibar buffett, the restaurant never appeared crowded.

Thanks Zboots. I have re-visited my dining expectations on Fantasia, though by no means in a negative way, just realistic!

Special dining on her will not be a focus, other irons in other fires for this now lol

How did you find her as a sailing?

Thanks Zboots. I have re-visited my dining expectations on Fantasia, though by no means in a negative way, just realistic!

Special dining on her will not be a focus, other irons in other fires for this now lol

How did you find her as a sailing?

I made a quick review that has not been posted as of yet.

For a mini rundown, it was pleasant enough though not up to our previous Royal Caribbean cruises.

For various reasons, it is doubtful I would book this same cruise but a highlight is the food available *ashore* - it is fantastic in most places!

If you have any other particulars I might be able to help with, please ask and I will try to respond promptly :D