Cruise Line Telephone Soliciting

ONT-CA

Being the recipient of more and more expensive and lavishly published brochures from many cruise lines, including Princess of course, we were rather taken back today when we were solicited by one line (not Princess) on the telephone. That was a first for us and we wonder if this is common practice now. They didn’t stay on the line very long after we told them of our cruise plans with Princess for this fall.

We have had 3 or 4 calls from individuals introducing themselves as our personal Princess travel representatives. I confirmed with Princess Cruise Lines that these folks are legitimate representatives. Have also received emails from same such individuals.

I'm still curious why Princess has these personal travel representatives. Are they just for repeat customers?

I've never received a telephone solicitation.... are you certain it was a cruise line and not a "phone shop TA" perhaps?

The person identified himself as a representative of what we would call an upscale line and spoke of how it has been some time since we had travelled with them. The purpose of the call was to enquire if we were interested in cruising with them again. When I told him of our plans with Princess he graciously terminated the call.

I, too, get baskets of brochures from cruise lines. Too many! A huge waste of paper and postage.

I got one cruise company selling call on my business telephone number and informed the person of that. I figure the only way that number was available was via my old booking records.

I asked the person not to telephone me again on a wild goose chance.

Those consumer advocacy articles always tell you that if you simply ask to be put on their "do not call" list, they are legally required to do so.

At least that seems to work for us.

Our problem is with those pesky automated calls where you are not speaking to a live human being.

Yeah, I was repeatedly called by a very rude Carnival PVP. I don't use their website anymore when I'm just looking at prices and itineraries and they haven't called me for quite a while.

this is easily stopped, either remove your phone number from your profile or dont sign into carnival to browse.

of course if you have a PVP they wouldnt call either.

Archived