Booking Patrick in Bora Bora 11/21

wyodeacon

My wife and I will be booking with Patrick on that day (Celebrity Century arrival) and we are looking for others who will be on the cruise and wish to book with him. The prices go down depending on how many people are interested so if you might want to go on either the 3/4 day or full day tour please let me know.

Here are his rates and other information:

Maohi Nui_All excursions rates 2010.pdf

My wife and I will be booking with Patrick on that day (Celebrity Century arrival) and we are looking for others who will be on the cruise and wish to book with him. The prices go down depending on how many people are interested so if you might want to go on either the 3/4 day or full day tour please let me know.

The very best place to find a group for this tour would be your roll call. If you haven't joined it yet, you really should. If there isn't one posted for your sailing date you, start one. ;) You will be surprised how quickly Patrick's tour fills up. We have never had a problem getting the maximum passengers for the tour to bring the price down, filling it with others from our roll call. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Have you roll call members go to my Cruise Videos post that contains information on viewing a video that shows Patrick's Tour on Bora Bora. This should wet their appetite.

Patrick's Bora Bora Tour:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27817620&postcount=199

Ron

• 4 months later...

My wife and I are also on the Celebrity Century sailing to Sydney. We are most interested in joining a Patrick tour ( Probably the 3/4 day ). Were you

able to find a Roll Call for this cruise? Have you booked a tour yet?

My wife and I are also on the Celebrity Century sailing to Sydney. We are most interested in joining a Patrick tour ( Probably the 3/4 day ). Were you

I would suggest joining your roll call for this cruise, as I would guess some have already arranged for Patrick's Tour in Bora Bora. The sooner you check, the better chance you have of being included in this tour (if it is not booked solid yet). I don't know the date of your sailing, but here is a link to the roll call section for the Century and you can find your date there and join your roll call and enquire. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=279

larobel you need to check out the Roll Call for your cruise. I have already filled all of the spaces with Patrick for the March 6 2012 cruise 18 Day Pacific Jewels cruise on Century about 2 weeks ago. You need to try and get signed up early. You can Goggle Patrick in Bora Bora and find his web site. This will give you lots of info and you can book direct if you are so inclined. The more people that sign up the lower the price. Hope this helps.

Do the people all have to be part of the same "group" in order to get the reduced rate? i.e. if I book for 2 and the trip is full with all 12 spots, do I get the reduced rate or do we all need to book together?

Do the people all have to be part of the same "group" in order to get the reduced rate? i.e. if I book for 2 and the trip is full with all 12 spots, do I get the reduced rate or do we all need to book together?

The prices are per boat -- So in your scenario the entire boat(12 persons) would receive the reduced rate. A second boat would need to fill all 12 spots for the maximum discount to apply.

Often one is able to fill a boat from fellow passengers on their roll call board -- This is likely the best way to insure a reservation for a full boat.

It is also my understanding that Patrick will maintain spots for interested persons to fill boats. Just keep in contact with him directly. Not only is he friendly and helpful...in my personal experience Patrick's email response time is much quicker than many tour operators in FP(where internet correspondence may be spotty at best at times).

• 1 month later...
How do you check the roll calls? Sorry new at this.

Here is where you need to look. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php Just pick your cruise line from the roll call heading, then find your ship, then your sailing date. That is where you will find roll calls already established. If there isn't one, you can start one (but make sure to check the first page, and sometimes the second page) to see if someone has already started a roll call for your sailing. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Don't take any women with you - they tend to get a bit "mesmerised" by the sight of Patrick. Can't say that I blame them really!! :)

We anchored in 70 feet of water - I saw him dive down to his anchor with no breathing equipment (or even a face mask)

Barry

• 3 weeks later...

I do recommend that you get XPF for French Polynesia. It was well worth it for us - stopping in 5 ports that use XPF. I couldn't believe the exchange rate we got on Pacific Pearl, it was considerably better than I got with C'Wealth Bank before we sailed.

Barry

Is Patrick accepting USD or XPF these days? Next May when we are there, we may need to pay in XPF, depends on the USD value at the time.

The 3/4 day tour this fall with patrick, when paying in USD, is running $130 per person. At first he was only going to except XPF, but changed his mind as we have a group that is 99.9% from the US, and there are close to 100 of us on his tour that day (all from our CC roll call). All other visits to Tahiti, there was no question, we could pay in USD, but he was having second thoughts for this fall because of the exchange rate being so unstable.

Two things happening there - I think. Firstly, "Supply and Demand". He comes highly recommended here and elsewhere , so the demand for his services is high. Secondly, the US Dollar has fallen against the XPF - 12 months ago, a US Dollar bought around 95-100 XPF, today it only buys around 80-85 XPF

Barry

Two things happening there - I think. Firstly, "Supply and Demand". He comes highly recommended here and elsewhere , so the demand for his services is high. Secondly, the US Dollar has fallen against the XPF - 12 months ago, a US Dollar bought around 95-100 XPF, today it only buys around 80-85 XPF

Barry

Barry, we were shocked at how Patrick could 'supply' to tell you the truth. Normally right now he has 3 boats that hold 12 passengers each, and sometimes he borrows a 4th boat that holds 12 also. From what I understand he has not gotten his new larger boat yet. But he made arrangements to 'borrow or rent' a larger boat that holds 60 to accomodate the almost 100 on our roll call that want to take this tour. Now, admittedly, I am waiting to see how he plans to take care of 100 people on his motu, as it normally is large enough to handle at the most 48 (last year he used four 12 passenger boats as there were two groups booked and we had lunch at two different times). But it will be very interesting to see how he accomodates close to 100 this fall.

I hope he does well, as it is not worth risking a great repuation to accomodate larger groups if you aren't set up to handle that many. I have faith in him though, as after several of his tours.............they have all worked out well (rain or shine).

I guess he has to "make hay while the sun shines" while he can. We noticed that there are quite a few boat operators all doing much the same thing (some of them quite large and fancy - but with only a few customers, probably from hotels) - and we were told that there are only a limited number of cruiseships going to Bora Bora. We also saw that the tourist industry there seems to be quite in the Doldrums - with many of the hotels empty.

Barry

The Amsterdam World Cruise for 2013 is already fully booked for Patricks tour. When it was first mentioned, everyone started signing up. No mention was made what the tour was. People had either heard about it, or been on it previously.

It is a popular cruise. The food is great also. You really get a bang for your buck. My advice is sign up as soon as you can. I'm on a roll call for Sept/Oct 2013 we have already booked Patrick for two days. It is never to early. That is still more than two years out from when we leave the west coast.

donna

Archived