Deck 14 on the Epic

Hi all, as a novice cruiser, I am SUPER-EXCITED to be cruising the Epic in August!:D

I read these boards avidly and have picked up some fantastic tips and hints.......thank-you so much to everyone who takes the time to post!

My question for all you Epic Experts is..........I have looked at the drag it deck plans and noticed that on deck 14.....where we have been allocated a cabin......there appears to be a large amount of * white space * with no markings on it. Is this just corridor/hallway space or am I missing something?:confused:

Please excuse my ignorance........I probably AM missing something VERY obvious!!

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.:)

Lol sdmike.....that was a quick reply!!

I obviously didnt explain myself very well!!:o

On the deck plans there are things marked such as the kids club and the Pulse fitness centre but at the front of the ship......where our cabin is.......there appears to be nothing......not even inside cabins....close by us .....that I can make out anyways!!

Sorry for not explaining very well!!

I'm also on the 14th deck - 14082 and I reckon the big white space across the corridor from us is taken up by the swimming pool "pit". It seems to be the area just below it, from looking at deck 15.

On the deck plans there are things marked such as the kids club and the Pulse fitness centre but at the front of the ship......where our cabin is.......there appears to be nothing......not even inside cabins....close by us .....that I can make out anyways!!

Not sure of an area of "nothing", however there is "something" on the inside portion of deck 14. I'm thinking the area you are referring to maybe storage for the stewards. DH and I were in 14107, across the hall from this area. I had ask our room steward for something and he went into that area.

I'm also on the 14th deck - 14082 and I reckon the big white space across the corridor from us is taken up by the swimming pool "pit". It seems to be the area just below it, from looking at deck 15.

Yes always worth looking what's above you as the pools go a few feet below deck level they can only take up space on the deck below!

no worries. We were in 14022 and those areas had crew going in and out at various times of the day (nothing you would notice). It's storage and/or work areas for the crew.

Thanks for the replies, folks :)

It makes sense now that it's been mentioned that this space is used for storage, but glad to hear from sdmike that we won't notice the comings and goings of the staff!! If we DO............I'll blame you!! ;)

Thanks once again, it's much appreciated :)

Not sure which cabin you have reserved, however we just came back from an Epic cruise, we had cabin 13041.

If you look at the deck plans, it's facing a big white space. Oops, big mistake, 13041 actually faces the crew elevator area. To access it, there's a big, heavy metal door that gets slammed day and night by room service, stewards and luggage people (especially the last night). It DID wake us up especially in the early morning where it seems nobody cared about not slamming it.

Just my word of caution, I would not make that mistake again.

I should have applied the following: have a cabin everywhere around you, under, over, on your right, your left, and across the hallway.

Thanks for the replies, folks :)

It makes sense now that it's been mentioned that this space is used for storage, but glad to hear from sdmike that we won't notice the comings and goings of the staff!! If we DO............I'll blame you!! ;)

Thanks once again, it's much appreciated :)

Not sure which cabin you have reserved, however we just came back from an Epic cruise, we had cabin 13041.

If you look at the deck plans, it's facing a big white space. Oops, big mistake, 13041 actually faces the crew elevator area. To access it, there's a big, heavy metal door that gets slammed day and night by room service, stewards and luggage people (especially the last night). It DID wake us up especially in the early morning where it seems nobody cared about not slamming it.

Just my word of caution, I would not make that mistake again.

I should have applied the following: have a cabin everywhere around you, under, over, on your right, your left, and across the hallway.

Thanks for your feedback.......hope you enjoyed your Epic cruise?:)

I've decided I'm not going to worry about the storage space/work area/white space because after all...........I'LL BE ON THE EPIC..........and I can't wait!!;)

Oh yes I enjoyed the cruise a lot!

I just don't want to worry about anything on a cruise. So if I know I have a good cabin, there's lots of things I won't have to deal with. A cruise is a fairly short vacation and it's a great feeling when it's going great from the 1st day!

Thanks for your feedback.......hope you enjoyed your Epic cruise?:)

I've decided I'm not going to worry about the storage space/work area/white space because after all...........I'LL BE ON THE EPIC..........and I can't wait!!;)

I almost did. I'm not kidding!

On a side note, we have reserved the Breakaway for June 2013, and the cabin is on deck 14 (MA), facing what is right now a big blank area on the plans. And above us is the pool area. I'm seriously thinking about changing it. Probably to deck 13 or lower, where I know what my surroundings would be ;)

Take a printed sign saying "Please do not allow this door to slam - the passengers" that you can tape up on any crew door that might cause issues. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure of an area of "nothing", however there is "something" on the inside portion of deck 14. I'm thinking the area you are referring to maybe storage for the stewards. DH and I were in 14107, across the hall from this area. I had ask our room steward for something and he went into that area.

How was 14107 ? I am thinking of booking that cabin for December.

Archived