Club Class Dining Questions for those who've experienced it

cpsfolks

Is it open for breakfast every day?

In reading the FAQ on the Princess WEB site for CC benefits, it's says open for breakfast & lunch on sea days.

Breakfast every day. Believe I recall opens earlier and closes earlier on port days vs. sea days. Lunch on embarkation day and sea days but not port days.

Breakfast every day. Believe I recall opens earlier and closes earlier on port days vs. sea days. Lunch on embarkation day and sea days but not port days.

Thanks as good to know. That has us starting to rethink staying in a full suite. We really like breakfast in Sabatini's as don't like the HC for breakfast. If we can have breakfast there every morning, and CC dining at night, it's sounding better.

Anyone have comments on the breakfast? I don't expect Sabatini's, but would assume it's from a menu and cooked to order?

Thanks as good to know. That has us starting to rethink staying in a full suite. We really like breakfast in Sabatini's as don't like the HC for breakfast. If we can have breakfast there every morning, and CC dining at night, it's sounding better.

Anyone have comments on the breakfast? I don't expect Sabatini's, but would assume it's from a menu and cooked to order?

We enjoyed CC breakfast just as much as Sabatini's. The only real difference was no mimosa( which we rarely drink).

I'm not sure that I'm following your logic, but do check prices. I've found that on some cruises, a window suite is less costly than a CC mini and includes the full suite perks. Of course, you are giving up a balcony.

Breakfast in CC was good, although we did go to Sabatini's most of the time. We probably would have gone to CC more had we tried it sooner. CC had items on the menu that were not on the Sabatini's menu..but of course, we could go "off menu" in Sabatini's. No mimosas, but excellent service and good food. Yes, CC dining includes breakfast every morning, lunch on sea days (and some late port days), and dinner nightly. If you are elite, you might well find that a suite is not the best use for your funds.

I'm not sure that I'm following your logic' date=' but do check prices. I've found that on some cruises, a window suite is less costly than a CC mini and includes the full suite perks. Of course, you are giving up a balcony.

Breakfast in CC was good, although we did go to Sabatini's most of the time. We probably would have gone to CC more had we tried it sooner. CC had items on the menu that were not on the Sabatini's menu..but of course, we could go "off menu" in Sabatini's. No mimosas, but excellent service and good food. Yes, CC dining includes breakfast every morning, lunch on sea days (and some late port days), and dinner nightly. If you are elite, you might well find that a suite is not the best use for your funds.[/quote']

Does CC breakfast include espresso coffee drinks like Sabatini's does? We will be in a window suite for the CB 10 day, and might like some variety for breakfast dining.

Does CC breakfast include espresso coffee drinks like Sabatini's does? We will be in a window suite for the CB 10 day, and might like some variety for breakfast dining.

Enjoy your window suite and Franky if that is still his area...I don't drink expresso, so don't know. But if you have a coffee card, they'll get it for you from the MDRs at dinner; I don't see why breakfast would be different. We liked the window suite, and have another booked for our next cruise (different ship, different seas).

I'm not sure that I'm following your logic' date=' but do check prices. I've found that on some cruises, a window suite is less costly than a CC mini and includes the full suite perks. Of course, you are giving up a balcony.

.[/quote']

If we were on a ship that had window suites, we probably would go with it as like them OK. However, since the Caribbean, Golden & Grand are the only ships with window suites, it does not give us many opportunities.

Our first choice is always the Coral when we start looking and we like the suite life onboard. Some of the future cruises we are looking at on other ships, there is a big difference in the costs and may go with a CC mini-suite.

Here is what we experienced on the last 2 cruises in a Full Suite with CC dining. In addition , on both we were given on our cruise card Anytime Dining , even though we were confirmed for early traditional dining both times. With that said here is what I posted about a month ago regarding CC dining:

We have done the CC twice. We were in a full suite both times. So far our experience is this: I was really surprised @ how different it was on the 2 different ships we were on. The 1st time on the Star it was not good. We love the Star, but their Club Class was very lacking. There was usually a wait (people were burning mad about it) . The area was just too small. Even thou they knew the time people seemed to want to eat (around 5:45 every night) they did nothing about it. They needed extra staff. It was very obvious, but nothing changed over 15 nights. The wait staff was very unfriendly & sometimes rude. Was it their culture or because they were so obviously over worked??. The only extra entree every night was a Cesar salad done by the ma’tre d. It was good by the way.

Then 5 months later on the Emerald it was just the opposite. There was never a wait for a table for 2. Or if you wanted to sit with others. The staff was very friendly, and they seemed to genuinely care about us. And not just us everyone . After about 2 nights they called us by name. They had what I would call a real extra entree. A few nights it was filet mignon steak, steak Diane, lamb, different shrimp dishes , or even lobster newberg. The food was excellent. And every night was a special dessert. They treated everyone like VIP’s.

What a big difference in the 2 ships. It was down right shocking.

So if you get the experience we had on the Emerald, I would say it’s worth all of $70.00 a day extra.

Our next cruise is on the Star in September, hopefully they have improved their CC.

Club class dinning is only available (unless they have changed it recently) in the any time dinning rooms. If you have chosen traditional dining, then this perk will not be available.

The menu is the same. Club Class Dining is suppose to have some additional dishes that are not available to regular dinners. They have a separate entrance and cordoned area in the restaurant for Club Class dinners to use.

Haven't you found a happier avatar yet?

Nice to run into you. Long time no see. How is the family?

No, it doesn’t, but we just used the coffee card we purchased to get one while having breakfast in CC if we wanted it.

Here is what we experienced on the last 2 cruises in a Full Suite with CC dining. In addition , on both we were given on our cruise card Anytime Dining , even though we were confirmed for early traditional dining both times. With that said here is what I posted about a month ago regarding CC dining:

We have done the CC twice. We were in a full suite both times. So far our experience is this: I was really surprised @ how different it was on the 2 different ships we were on. The 1st time on the Star it was not good. We love the Star, but their Club Class was very lacking. There was usually a wait (people were burning mad about it) . The area was just too small. Even thou they knew the time people seemed to want to eat (around 5:45 every night) they did nothing about it. They needed extra staff. It was very obvious, but nothing changed over 15 nights. The wait staff was very unfriendly & sometimes rude. Was it their culture or because they were so obviously over worked??. The only extra entree every night was a Cesar salad done by the ma’tre d. It was good by the way.

Then 5 months later on the Emerald it was just the opposite. There was never a wait for a table for 2. Or if you wanted to sit with others. The staff was very friendly, and they seemed to genuinely care about us. And not just us everyone . After about 2 nights they called us by name. They had what I would call a real extra entree. A few nights it was filet mignon steak, steak Diane, lamb, different shrimp dishes , or even lobster newberg. The food was excellent. And every night was a special dessert. They treated everyone like VIP’s.

What a big difference in the 2 ships. It was down right shocking.

So if you get the experience we had on the Emerald, I would say it’s worth all of $70.00 a day extra.

Our next cruise is on the Star in September, hopefully they have improved their CC.

Lucky for us our two experiences were very similar - last year on Ruby and last month on Crown and both were exceptional. Hoping for the same next year on Sapphire.