Breakaway 2/17/19

First time on Breakaway...

We are in a Balcony 9224.

What kind of coffee maker do they have in Balcony rooms?

Starting chemo next week for approximately 6 months. Trying to decide if I should try to switch to a handicapped cabin for the bathroom facilities. Don't know what kind of condition I will be in, but I am going. After my 2 surgeries last month, I do sometimes now use a wheel chair for long lines.

Thanks

Pat:)

First time on Breakaway...

We are in a Balcony 9224.

What kind of coffee maker do they have in Balcony rooms?

Starting chemo next week for approximately 6 months. Trying to decide if I should try to switch to a handicapped cabin for the bathroom facilities. Don't know what kind of condition I will be in, but I am going. After my 2 surgeries last month, I do sometimes now use a wheel chair for long lines.

Thanks

Pat:)

I can't help with the coffee maker question but just wanted to say I will be praying for you. My SIL was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer about a year and a half ago. She's been through chemo, radiation, double mastectomy, complications and more surgery and lastly reconstruction surgery about a month ago. She has continued to work through it all (except recovering from surgeries) and we all pray this is done. She is a strong woman!

It wouldn't hurt to book an accessible cabin. I have mobility issues and don't book accessible (yet) but I do have a Hugo (walker with big wheels - not those tiny wheels). You might check into getting one of those. I got mine for about $100 on Amazon and it has a seat with storage area underneath. It's been a lifesaver for me.

Prayers and good wishes!

Edited to add: I think if you get a doctor's prescription for the walker, insurance or medicare will pay for part or all of it.

Edited by Aprille
To add additional info

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The bathrooms have a seat you can pull down, hand grip bars and are good for wheelchairs to wheel right in.

I would not use the coffee maker. They are just like little mr coffees and they are not sanitized.

Best wishes as you get well !