Shuttle from West Palm to Miami

cruisincorgi

Hello. I’ll be sailing out of Miami in August. Coming from Philadelphia. I can’t believe how expensive flights are into Miami and Fort Lauderdale! Im thinking of flying into West Palm Beach and staying the night there (flights are 35% less). Can anyone recommend a shuttle service from West Palm to Miami? Thank you.

A one-way rental car is a good option -- National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer free shuttles from their MIA airport location to POM

You could also look at either Tri-Rail to MIA and then an Uber or taxi, or the new Brightline train to downtown Miami and then either an Uber or Taxi

UberX from PBI to POM (good for 2-3 plus normal bags) will be about $100+

I would also check with Larry's Limos for private transport and Super Shuttle -- I would bet a rental car or train will be better options, but it is your call.

Good luck! :)

You should take the Brightline to Miami.

Short Uber ride to the station from WPB airport then a short Uber ride from the Brightline station in Miami to the port.

That will also be the fastest and most comfortable way to get there. Service starts to Miami Saturday.

Be sure to report back on your experience -- lots of board members wondering how this will all work out and impact the transportation options in south FLA for cruisers.

John, we've taken it to WPB twice and it is really amazing. Miami service doesn't start until Saturday but I can't imagine it being any less of a stellar experience.

My hubs and I go to Miami quite often and this is such a boon for us that instead of it taking an hour to get downtown for dinner or happy hour, we are a short 30 minute train ride with cocktails.

Fortunately, we can walk to the Brightline station but Uber there.

This is a Win-Win but it seems only Carolyn and I are excited for this. When they finally finish Orlando, it will open up all three cruise ports to all three airports.

I checked out Brightline from West Palm to Miami. Can you believe it is already sold out for slected date in August! I’m not sure if this may be because service doesn’t start until May 19, and the system won’t take reservations?