Carnival Fascination window/room

beshears

I have only been on one cruise where I had a port hole, as there are not many rooms that have these. If you have done the port hole, compared to the inner room(not the ocean view room), which would you choose?

If you ride comfortably there ,Port hole. if you look at the deck plans you can see where some rooms actually stick out a bit further than the rest. Those rooms are larger, adding the morning sunlight is a plus.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone that sees this posting will be able to reply, but I'm going to ask this question anyway, since I just booked the Fascination for next year.

In the picture (very small) of the bathroom in the Ocean view room, is there any shelf space to put items, or just the small cabinet above the wash basis?

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, I would definitely prefer a port hole to a interior. I need to be able to see out as I am a bit claustrophobic. Plus, it is a little more nautical, lol.

Bathrooms are small, not much room for anything. I take the suction cup toothbrush covers so that is one less thing on the counter and a cheap over the door shoe holder for toothpaste, hair-brushes, shampoo, cooled flat iron etc...

In answer to your question about bathroom storage: there isn't any. There is a small shelf under the mirror, above the sink. That is all. Also my magnetic hooks did not work on the walls or ceiling cabin, only the INSIDE of the bathroom door.

Yes, I do like the Port hold room compared to the interior, but we normally do the interior room. We decided to do the Ocean view room, and maybe letting in some "light" into the room might make it "seem" bigger.:)

Well that will really be a drawback, if there isn't any room to put our toiletries out in the bathroom, as I don't recall ever being on a ship that small with a bathroom like that.:(