Formal Nights - Crown Princess - Mediterranean Cruise - 14 days

lithlith

How many formal nights can we expect on a 14 day Mediterranean cruise on the Crown Princess this summer?

The FAQ on the Princess website would suggest 3 for a 14 day sailing, but I also see on their website that the cruise we purchased as 14 days package (Barcelona to Athens) is also sold separately as two 7 day cruises (Barcelona to Rome and then Rome to Athens), so I'm wondering if there would be 2 formal nights in the first 7 days and then another 2 in the next 7 days? Also, if you have any insight as to when these formal nights might occur on this type of cruise that would also be appreciated. This will be helpful in planning when we want to book specialty restaurants.

Itinerary:

0 - Embark/Barcelona

1 - Sea Day

2 - Gibraltar

3 - Sea Day

4 - Marseille France

5 - Genoa Italy

6 - Florence Italy

7 - Rome Italy

8 - Salerno Italy

9 - Sea Day

10 - Montenegro

11 - Corfu Greece

12 - Crete Greece

13 - Mykonos Greece

14 - Disembark/Athens Greece

For both segments your best guess would be first formal night on the sea day, second on the day with the earliest departure time from port.

So first week would be (1) the sea day following embarkation; (2) Marsieille, as you depart at 5PM but the following day in Genoa you are in port until 9:00. [but you cannot rule out the ship choosing the two sea days (after Barecelona and after Gibraltar) instead}

Second week is easier to narrow down: (1) sea day after Salerno; (2) Corfu, with a 4 PM departure.

So per your numbering system, Days 1, 3 or 4, 9, and 11. But please note that Princess does not number the days of the voyage as you (and some other lines) do: embarkation day is labelled Day One, not Zero, and the days count up from there to Day 15 disembarkation--the numbering much more logically based on which number night you have reached on board.

• 4 weeks later...

There will be some in Tux’s, a few in kilts, some in military dress whites, etc. Most gentlemen will be in a business suit with appropriate shirt and tie but you will see sport coats and collared shirts with and without ties as well. Remember also that your cruise mates will change each week as people embark and disembark at different ports. FYI I brought a grey suit with white, blue and pink shirts that I rotated so none was seen more than twice. I doubt anyone cared or remembered what I wore except DW.

There will be some in Tux’s, a few in kilts, some in military dress whites, etc. Most gentlemen will be in a business suit with appropriate shirt and tie but you will see sport coats and collared shirts with and without ties as well.

On our last cruise, we saw an older gentleman (looked like WW2 or Korea vintage), he was wearing the standard white uniform the regular sailors wear. He was adorable.:D

There will be some in Tux’s, a few in kilts, some in military dress whites, etc. Most gentlemen will be in a business suit with appropriate shirt and tie but you will see sport coats and collared shirts with and without ties as well. Remember also that your cruise mates will change each week as people embark and disembark at different ports. FYI I brought a grey suit with white, blue and pink shirts that I rotated so none was seen more than twice. I doubt anyone cared or remembered what I wore except DW.

Thank you for the advice and observations that confirmed my assumptions. I was quite sure that dress codes are followed closer on European based cruises. Another question, our 21 day cruise is booked as one event. Is there any benefit to having booked as 3 separate in regards to future status?

Thank you for the advice and observations that confirmed my assumptions. I was quite sure that dress codes are followed closer on European based cruises. Another question, our 21 day cruise is booked as one event. Is there any benefit to having booked as 3 separate in regards to future status?

Actually I booked mine as a 21 also and on Princess site it credits me as 3 sevens. If you have not yet gotten to Elite it should get you there faster. We had just made Elite. Got a new Bar setup every week , otherwise can’t say there was much difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

our 14 day cruise has shown up as 2 x 7-day cruises also, last year there were 2 x formal nights per week (sailed from Southampton). so I am assuming there will be 2x formal nights per week....take 2 x different ties/shirts and swap over !!