New York hotel tips?

Gingee

Ging,

Are you coming in the night before? The pier is on riverside drive and there are not many hotels in site of the terminal.... However, if in the night before it would be great to catch a show and then a short taxi ride to the terminal.

We usually go into the city at least once a month for an afternoon show. Would seem such a shame to miss the crazy and fun of the city.... Hey if the shows are not your thing at least consider dinner at Carmine's. (book 2 wks in advance)

I would suggest the Milford Plaza or Marriott on times square if coming in early. This is about a 10 minute ride to the terminal. Just saw the Phantom of the Opera(again) at the Majestic yesterday afternoon. It just makes you say...OHHHHHHHHH

Let me know your plans, I am sure I can help.

Inexpensive and NYC don't belong in the same sentence!!!LOL

Anyway, we go into New York on occasion, and we usually stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Time Square. It is a very central location and New York is pretty safe these days; you will see tons of people (including many families with children) walking around Time Square at midnight.

I agree about Carmine's for dinner; however, for a party of two, there will be an awful lot of food. Carmine's is better suited for larger parties where you can each order one dish and split it (most entrees feed at least four people).

My sister and I stayed in New York, pre-cruise a couple of years ago. We stayed at the Comfort Inn Midtown. It's on West 46th just off Broadway near Times Square. I liked it because it was a small hotel in a good location. I don't remember it being too expensive, maybe $150 a night which isn't bad for Manhatten. It also included a continental breakfest. We then just grabbed a cab and it was only about 15 minutes to get to the pier. We also liked it because we arrived in the morning and they had a place to stash our luggage until we could get into our room.

I asked Carnival about a precruise and postcruise hotel discount and they said I would have to check with my travel agent. My travel agent just started their business. I checked with them and they are checking into it.

Any advise?

Well then taking in a show is out of the question... The daytime shows usually start at 2:00, and run a few hours....

I would just bring a good pair of sneaks and take in the sights of the city... There is no better place in the world for people watching!!

Hey did you read the post on the other NY question... She had a "$400.00 per day expense allowance"... Damn near died. I am a controller, and

I set daily allowances....Ya know what, I want to work for that company!!

Geeez... Have fun in the city

Sorry, missed your question the first time thru...

Priceline has a zone in SF called "Fisherman's Wharf".

I assume this is the zone you want, but you should always be sure to look at a close-up of the shaded region of the map by clicking on it. Sometimes Priceline/Hotwire zones can be a bit larger than you expect and hotels on the perimeter of the zone a bit further than you would think.

We were in NYC twice last summer.Had booked 4 nights at the New Yorker months in advance,and then booked a last minute cruise out of NY that ended up being just 2 weeks later. Stayed at the Belvedere overnight,the 2nd visit. The New Yorker was ok,but our room was very very small. I've been in a motel 6 that was a larger room. I enjoyed our stay at the Belvedere a lot more,and told them so. It was reasonably priced,and quite comfortable.Only a short taxi ride to the pier.

Archived