Caviar? Seriously..

juneann

I do not remember seeing it on the menu in Britannia (but it may have been, they did not give us menus at the end of our cruise). On QE2 in Caronia and the B&P Grills, only Servuga is served, not Beluga. So if it is served, it will be Servuga and not served every night.

Hi, Not sure if it's still the case but they used to be the worlds second largest purchaser after the Russian/Soviet government.

You'll probably find it on the menu on one of the formal nights and there was a large tin available to help yourself at one of the cocktail parties we attended.

Regards, Colin.

If you are dining in the grill (any grill) you can ask for caviar everynight! It's not on the menu, but if you ask you will receive. It's only on the ala carte menu in the Queens Grill. You have to ask in the Princess and Brittania Grills.

I suggest asking for a double portion.

You are also able to special order in all the grills. Ask to see the dinner menu at lunch so you can prepare your dinner order if special ordering.

But she is dining in BDR and will not be able to special order this. As Colin stated, it will prpbably only be available one night. BDR does not share a galley with the grills as on QE2 so special orders are limited.

The Britannia had sevruga caviar with classic garnishes one night as a starter. It was scrumptious! I highly recommend trying it.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;5;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

June 5th - Queen Mary 2 Westbound Transatlantic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

November 22nd - Sun Princess 10 night Eastern Caribbean

Jeanne,

We special ordered every night also. In the QM2 Queens Grill, QE2 Queens Grill, Brittania Grill and Princess Grill. I think the Ala Carte menu in the QE2 Queens grill is the best of all. The Rack of Lamb is to die for.

I'm getting hungry! icon_smile.gif

Jeanne S,

On our crossing it was served on night 2, the first formal evening. There were 2 formal evenings in a row. Not sure which was Captain's night.

Vince

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;5;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

June 5th - Queen Mary 2 Westbound Transatlantic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

November 22nd - Sun Princess 10 night Eastern Caribbean

• 2 weeks later...

Having read the above threads on the serving of caviar on Cunards's QE2 & QM2, does anyone know if you are still able to order off menu Beluga caviar in the QE2 Queens Grill and at no extra charge?

Kind Regs

RJMS74

I must say, I do enjoy it when I have no interest at all in something that is outrageously expensive.

Caviar?

It's bad enough that it's fish...they you add the black, raw, eggy aspects and it just goes over the top the wrong way for me.

And we think the Chinese eat weird stuff!

Beluga....Servuga...Bugawuga....Yuck. :rolleyes:

Crouton

Crouton

When are you cruising the QM2 again? If I can arrange to be on that same cruise could you order a double caviar and could I have yours?

Sorry, I guess that sounds very tacky but I do love those little fishy eggs and if you don't...

I really do try to be polite but when it comes to oysters and caviar I have a little problem. If they serve mussels however you can have all of mine:D

Mr. Crouton, you sir, are the reason why Cunard still has the

multi class system ( PG and QG ). To many Cunarders, there

is nothing like sitting in a room full of fellow passengers

dressed "to the nines", sipping on a flute of chilled "Dom"

while biting down on a toast point sprinkled with a little

chopped egg and onion, layered with a little bit of that

"black gold"

To each his/her own, I guess.

Mr. Crouton, you sir, are the reason why Cunard still has the

multi class system ( PG and QG ). To many Cunarders, there

is nothing like sitting in a room full of fellow passengers

dressed "to the nines", sipping on a flute of chilled "Dom"

while biting down on a toast point sprinkled with a little

chopped egg and onion, layered with a little bit of that

"black gold"

To each his/her own, I guess.

Oooooooo.....we're having a roe row.

You address me as Mr. Crouton, Mr Q, and then in the next sentence refer to "biting down on a toast point" -- an agression against my close relative clearly intended to intimidate me further. Well, I shall have none of it.

I can only express my relief, Mr Q, that Cunard has the good sense to confine you and your pretentious palette to a restricted culinary area of the ship where you and your lust for fish droppings won't be a danger and an annoyance to the rest of us.

BTW, I wanted you to know that just this week I ate some delicious, oily Curly fries with Malt Vinegar at a local festival -- and I savoured them, biting into each little springy thing several times after having stretched it out for the best angle of attack.:eek: I was almost sure, as I did, that I could hear them.......SCREAM!!!!!:eek: :eek: ...buahaha...bhuahahahahahah...Buahahahahahaha....

Buahhahahahhhahahahaha!

"You are also able to special order in all the grills. Ask to see the dinner menu at lunch so you can prepare your dinner order if special ordering."

David - what do you mean by the above? Can I assume you need the dinner menu in case you don't care for what's being served for dinner that night, and want to "special order" something else? We will be dining in the Princess Grill. :confused:

"You are also able to special order in all the grills. Ask to see the dinner menu at lunch so you can prepare your dinner order if special ordering."

David - what do you mean by the above? Can I assume you need the dinner menu in case you don't care for what's being served for dinner that night, and want to "special order" something else? We will be dining in the Princess Grill. :confused:

Yes, Kitycaty, that is exactly what I mean.

In the Princess Grill you can ask to review the dinner menu for that evening at lunch time. If there isn't anything to your liking you may ask for the chef to prepare something that is to your liking. That has been my experience in the Princess Grill on the QE2. I assume it is the same on the QM2. In the Queens Grill on the QE2 they slip the menu for dinner under your door the night before so you can plan early for the next night. In the Queens grill on the QM2 the Maitre D would come to our table at lunch with the dinner menu and answer questions and take special orders. You can special order anything from appetizers to desert, not just entrees. Certain dishes require a 24 hour advance order, i.e. Beef Wellington or an entire special dinner (on the QE2 Christmas cruise we had the chef prepare an entire Chinese dinner with 48 hours notice). I think the difference between the Queens Grill and the Princess grill is that in the QG they expect you to special order and in the PG you have to ask for special orders. Don't be shy. Ask and you shall receive!

Oooooooo.....we're having a roe row.

I hope both of you do not live to rue the roe row, especially if an accompanying dish contains a roux. Otherwise, Captain Wright may force you to row to shore while the other passengers shoot ar-rows in your direction.

hee hee

Archived