Tampa - things to do post cruise.

DaveOKC

We had the full day of our arrival and went to the aquarium and Ybor City. It was really nice.

If I had a bit more time, we'd have gone to the zoo - they have manatees, which the aquarium did not. I was traveling with children though.

If you don't mind driving over to St. Petersburg, there's the Salvador Dali Museum.

I had a great Cuban pizza in Ybor City. Also enjoyed the Aquarium near the cruise port.

Roz

I live in the Tampa bay area. The aquarium and zoo are great if you have kids. Not too far away in Brandon there is an ifly, which is fun as long as you're under 250lbs. Busch Gardens is a great theme park. Not nearly as busy as Disney. You can go flats fishing, deep sea fishing. Lightning Ice hockey is near the port. You can see if they're playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tons of water based activities. Dolphin cruises up and down the intercostal. You can find them in St. Pete Beach as well as Clearwater. Also sunset dinner cruises. You can get one of those out of Gulfport. Even if you aren't a beach person, taking a drive up / down Gulf Blvd is fun. Alot of beach bars inicluding some great dive bars. Down Town St Pete is also very cool (20 min from airport). Alot of museums there, also a very walkable downtown with alot of places to eat / drink. Central ave in St. Pete is a blast. All kinds of stuff there. You can also see wild Dolphins near Vinoy Park in Down Town At Pete.. There is a place near the power plant a bit south of Tampa where there are a bunch of Manatees. Someone also mentioned Tarpon Springs. It's a Greek town so if you like authentic Greek Food. There are also boat tours from there although it can be a bit of a tourist trap. You can also go about an hour away to Crystal Springs and go in the water with the Manatees. GulfPort is an artsy little town right next to St. Pete.