Anthem - Things to Book vs. First-Come-First-Serve?

Just went into the Cruise Planner for my family's September cruise on Anthem. DW really wants to do the skydiving simulator but I didn't see it as one of the reservable activities. I assume that it fills up fast. Is it something you can reserve closer in to sailing, once you board, or is it strictly first come first serve?

Also, am I correct that the Royal Tots childcare pay-by-the-hour service cannot be booked until you board, but fills up fast so you want your times picked out to sign up for ASAP once you are on board?

Thanks!

I am also sailing on the Anthem in September, the 6th. I booked the sky diving about a month ago and I see that it is no longer offered. I’m sure that you can sign up once on board.

Likely all booked up for pre-cruise reservations.

If you pre-download the Royal IQ app, which Anthem uses, you can attempt to log into the ships wifi while you're in the terminal waiting to get on the ship and book it then. I say attempt because many people have had success with it but did not work for me. Or just do it as soon as you board with the app or the Royal IQ stations found in/around the Royal Esplanade.

Not all I-Fly slots are available for pre-booking, some are held back. Be aware though that it is a very popular activity with limited capacity. Would expect it to be fully booked by end of day 1. cot427 gave you good advice. Try to book in the waiting room using the app. If that's not successful go directly to the venue after boarding.

If you don't get a reservation, check in at times that are good for you. When my kids and I did this in May, people with reservations were getting turned away for health concerns and not having sneakers on and there were also cancellations and no shows. Others without reservations were able to get in.

If you want to do the escape room, book it as soon as you can get into the app. It fills up really fast. If you don't get into the escape room and want a similar experience, look for "A Royal Mystery" in your planner. It will be held one afternoon. I thought that was more fun than the escape room.

We recently returned from an Anthem cruise. Got an early time and went straight to Cafe Two70 as soon as we got on the ship. There was a line for people to sign up for iFly, the North Star, the escape room and the shows (which we did online prior to boarding). They book quick, so make that your first stop.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off Anthem. We couldn’t book in the terminal. Need to be on the ship to connect to royal WiFi. We got onboard and immediately opened the app and booked northstar, ifly and puzzle break escape room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We recently returned from an Anthem cruise. Got an early time and went straight to Cafe Two70 as soon as we got on the ship. There was a line for people to sign up for iFly, the North Star, the escape room and the shows (which we did online prior to boarding). They book quick, so make that your first stop.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Were there signs directing you to 270 for activity signup or did you have to ask around? We're sailing on Anthem in 2 days and need to book I-fly for dw. On our last Anthem cruise onboard signup was in Bolero.

Definitely try to book via the royal IQ app when you get on board. The line in Two70 was huge when we boarded. It was much easier and quicker to book via the app. Had no issue with getting ifly and northstar and we boarded around 11:30am, but the escape room was already full by that time.