Looking for opinions on excursions for NCL Getaway

Scottshaven

We are cruising on the Getaway April 8, and looking for opinions on the shore excursions to do! We very active and love adventures. Which ruin is the best to see? Which zipline should we do? Those some of the suggestions we are looking for.

Thank you

Not sure what the itinerary is for that cruise but if you follow the link below it will take you to the Cruise Critic ports of call boards. Excellent info for you to peruse no matter where you are going. Here you go..

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Getaway April 8th is going to Miami (Florida); Costa Maya (Mexico); Harvest Caye (Belize); Roatan, Bay Islands (Honduras); Cozumel (Mexico);Miami (Florida)

Highly recommend ATVing in Costa Maya. The beach afterwards wasn't great but the ATVing was cool. When we went a couple of weeks ago, it was incredibly muddy! Must have rained. Tons of rocks and big holes and at one point, the water from the puddles--more like a river actually--was literally knee deep. Also got up to 70+mph once we exited the jungle area and got on a straight road. Lots of fun.

The Jolly Roger catamaran snorkeling in Honduras was also awesome despite downpours. One of our guys was a certified dive master so he kept going way down...grabbed a nurse shark at one point. Great group of guys running that.

We are getting excited about our upcoming trip... Here is what we are doing after many hours of research on this area. Our family likes to snorkel so its really focused on that area.

In Roatan, Victor Boden has been excellent to deal with. We will have a private driver to take us to snorkel, parasail and take us to a local place for food. We plan to hang out on the boat in Harvest Caye. Ruins with Native Choice (they have been awesome) then they will drop us off at The Krazy Lobster for some jetski and massage in Costa Maya. Lastly, we will do three snorkle sites with cozumelshoreexcursion.net. They have also been incredible in getting this set up.

We are pretty locked in and I will write a review on all of this after our December cruise. If any of you have similar experience with any of these I am sure the OP would like to hear.

• 2 weeks later...
We are getting excited about our upcoming trip... Here is what we are doing after many hours of research on this area. Our family likes to snorkel so its really focused on that area.

In Roatan, Victor Boden has been excellent to deal with. We will have a private driver to take us to snorkel, parasail and take us to a local place for food. We plan to hang out on the boat in Harvest Caye. Ruins with Native Choice (they have been awesome) then they will drop us off at The Krazy Lobster for some jetski and massage in Costa Maya. Lastly, we will do three snorkle sites with cozumelshoreexcursion.net. They have also been incredible in getting this set up.

We are pretty locked in and I will write a review on all of this after our December cruise. If any of you have similar experience with any of these I am sure the OP would like to hear.

Do you have a way to contact victor about excursions?

Note: This is the same post that I just wrote on the other Getaway excursion post. Sorry for the duplicate post but seems redundant to write the same information twice....

______

We sailed on the Getaway last March and will be returning again this year. We loved our excursions last year and are expecting to love this year's just as much. We are doing the same one in Costa Maya because we are traveling with different family members and just know my inlaw's will absolutely love it and we liked it so much we know we will have fun a second time.

1. Roatan,Honduras

Last year -- Radical Adventures Sailing/Snorkeling/Lunch. It was awesome and I hope we are not making a mistake not going again this year, but DS really wants to see the sunken shipwreck. Its a small catamaran with only about 20 people. You have a nice relaxing sail for about 45 minutes out to snorkeling spot during which you are treated to muffins, fruit, and drinks. The snorkeling was OK...but lots of coral bleaching was sad to see. Then lunch was AMAZING!!!! Highly recommend!

This year -- Roatan Shipwreck Snorkeling & Beach Lunch. As mentioned my 10 year old really wants to snorkel on a shipwreck so that what we are going to do. Hoping its as great as Radical Adventures was last year.

2. Harvest Cay, Belize

Beach break. Its OK, but we live close to the beach in Venice, FL so its not a big deal for us. We'll likely get off, walk around the shops, relax, and then head back for lunch and chill time on the ship while it is less busy.

3. Costa Maya, Mexico

Mayan Experience tour from Native Choice. Really amazing! A tour of Mayan ruins and then visit to a local village where you are treated to a home cooked meal. It was recommended to us by my Dad and now we recommend it everyone else. If you love history and living culture this is a must do!

4. Cozumel, Mexico

Last year -- Self tour of the city, shopping, and lunch at the Thirsty Cougar. The highlight of this day was absolutely lunch--OMG such fresh ceviche, yummy ginger margaritta and other flavors, and authentic fish tacos. I love Mexican food and this was some of the best I have ever had.

This year -- Cozumel food tour. We have done a couple of food tours and they have always been great. We are looking forward to seeing what this one has for us.

---

No matter what you do, you will have a great time. The Getaway is a great ship!

Cheers!

We highly recommend Little French Key in Roatan. We have done it twice and wouldn't hesitate to visit again! Also, what others have said about The Ruins Tour with Native Choice in Costa Maya. We added on the lunch option and what a fabulous experience! Our kids LOVED it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
We are cruising on the Getaway April 8, and looking for opinions on the shore excursions to do! We very active and love adventures. Which ruin is the best to see? Which zipline should we do? Those some of the suggestions we are looking for.

Thank you

I didn't get to try the Ziplines available on our Jan.7 cruise,but the ones across the bay by the dock on Roatan,and the "Superman" one on Harvest Cay looked fun..Another recommendation for the (Roatan) Jolly Roger Snorkel trip from Me..Great fun..see if you can find the gopro that sank from our party,probably still out there! 3 of us headed over to Placencia from Harvest Cay-seemed to be plenty of snorkel and scuba options available,the water was perfect..Also went snorkelling when in Cozumel,had a guide take us to 2 different dive locations..swimming with the fish was fun..