New Australia/New Zealand is up on the website.

Cruise Junky

Celebrity have always only offered one cruise to the West Coast of Australia. THis I think is because of the time taken to get there and back and over the past couple of years demand has fallen off. We did the circumnavigation cruise of Australia ( B2B cruise) a couple of years ago and we along with a number of other passengers were very critical of some of the ports. Esperance we had to wait 7 hours to get passengers back on board as sea conditions became too dangerous to bring them back on the ships tenders. There was only one shore boat capable of bringing the passengers back and that was on a charter. We also visited Port Hedland on a Sunday and that place has to be the pits. We came back covered in fine red dust and there was nothing open or things to do. The last circumnavigation couldn't get into Bali because of political unrest and had to make a detour around Willis Island off the Queensland Coast to get Duty Free privileges as the cruise wouldn't have been an international one. For the only X ship in the area it now does a Perth return cruise across the BIght but I think that's the best its going to get

For the only X ship in the area it now does a Perth return cruise across the BIght but I think that's the best its going to get

And now it doesn't even do that. Ruby Princess looks to be on the Freemantle schedule, so I'll check the Princess releases when they come out. Esperance isn't on the Auckland to Perth sailing, just the Perth to Auckland one.

Given the 2019 options, I'm very pleased we chose to book March 2018. When I found the March 5 itinerary, we jumped on it! Perth to Sydney including Adelaide and Melbourne along with 4 NZ ports and a day cruising the sounds. Good "blend" of AUS and NZ.

Yep. I'm kicking myself for not doing that. I even bought an extra onboard booking to do that in 2020. :( Unless Princess comes up with something we may do a land trip.