Spectrum - What are the chances of a pre-inaugural?

Judging by the speed in which this ship appears to be coming along to completion, working on peoples memories of previous ships from the same builders, what do you think the chances of an early finish and another couple of cruises are?

i'd say the chances are very slim to zero

when I booked the inaugural on ovation this time 3 years ago Southampton to Barcelona stopping at gibralter was listed from day one

as the earliest cruise listed for sprectrum is barca to dubai i'd say its not going to happen

why would you want to do Southampton to barca anyway? that's a rough sea route

when I booked the inaugural on ovation this time 3 years ago Southampton to Barcelona stopping at gibralter was listed from day one

The inaugural (very first cruise) on Ovation was actually a 3 n cruise from Southampton to Rotterdam in April 2016. I was on it - and I was also on the subsequent cruise a few weeks later from Southampton to Barcelona (and yes the weather was pants).

So they have in the past, on several occasions, squeezed in a few extra cruises after the first itineraries have been announced and were on sale. The 2 extra short cruises on Harmony being a prime example, along with the recent 2 extra short cruises on the refurbished Independence.

If the ship is ready they will want people on her asap.

i'd say the chances are very slim to zero

as the earliest cruise listed for sprectrum is barca to dubai i'd say its not going to happen

why would you want to do Southampton to barca anyway? that's a rough sea route

We did the pre-inaugural on the Harmony from Southampton to Barcelona, and had a great time

We also did the pre-inaugural on the Sympony, which was also great

Neither were advertised, so hopefully you are wrong

But recently, they didn't want people on ships right out of dry dock.

Well that didn’t last long did it!!!

And of course Symphony had the inaugural on sale for 4/21 and the slipped in 3 extra cruises.

Never say never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about it, would RCI really let Spectrum sail from Barcelona to Dubai as her very first cruise with guests on without some sort of 'shakedown' cruise before hand to fully test everything works.....??? Even if it is couple of 3 nighters from Barcelona...just to check every toilet flushes, every beer pump works, the crew work together......

LB > who is ever hopeful.