Diamond Princess in Singapore today - 29th November 2017

I like to eat when I am hungry, on a cruise that generally means breakfast when I wake (7-8.30am), lunch when convenient or when hungry again (12-2.30pm) and dinner when hungry again or slotting in between activities/shows (7-9pm).

And one can always head to the buffet for morning/arvo tea, or to MDR for arvo tea in style. Or stop by the grill for a top up, a few hot dogs, burgers, French fries etc.:* Lubbly Jubbly.

I was surprised on my recent 15 night cruise on Diamond Princess out of Yokohama, they gave us future cruise credits. I ended up with a 50% credit of the fare I paid. So I end up with almost $2750 deposit for a future cruise thanks to missed ports. On boarding we were informed we would miss Kagoshima due to a developing typhoon so we sailed strait to Chan May in Vietnam, when we got there the port was closed due to other severe storms down south causing strong winds. By that day they had a riot on the ship where the Captain came over the announcer and told them they were nothing more than a "pack of idiots" and nothing more than "hyenas", he said he would not tolerate abuse of his staff and that those "idiots" would be getting kicked off in Hong Kong. That actually happened and true to his word the ringleaders and abusive passengers were all kicked off. By this stage we had already had $150 credited to our on board account for spending. To get the credit what happened was that a few days later after we left Hong Kong bound for Kaoshiung we had some high winds slow the ship down which would make us late for the next port. We would only have half a day instead of a full day. Well by this stage we were offered another $50 in on board spend as well as for Australians and Japanese we got a 50% future cruise credit, the British and Americans got 25%.

Personally I did not expect anything because I was having a good time and the ship was comfortable and kept out of storms. I was happy. I was happier when I got offered the credit because it means I can do it all again next year. I might just have to pick another cruise in typhoon season hoping for another shot at something like this.

I wonder if they will get anything for missing Bali?

Interesting cruise, huge compensation by way of cruise credits for missed ports, never heard of anything so generous, particularly from Princess. Anyway, please tell, who were the 'idiots and hyenas' the Captain was referring to? Surely not Australians ? :halo::loudcry: Just say they were from the 'Far East.' Anyway good work by the Captain, removing them from the ship if they caused so many dramas on board.

And one can always head to the buffet for morning/arvo tea, or to MDR for arvo tea in style. Or stop by the grill for a top up, a few hot dogs, burgers, French fries etc.:* Lubbly Jubbly.

I avoid the buffet but do like the pizza or a hotdog from the grill/pizza bars.

I was surprised on my recent 15 night cruise on Diamond Princess out of Yokohama, they gave us future cruise credits. I ended up with a 50% credit of the fare I paid. So I end up with almost $2750 deposit for a future cruise thanks to missed ports. On boarding we were informed we would miss Kagoshima due to a developing typhoon so we sailed strait to Chan May in Vietnam, when we got there the port was closed due to other severe storms down south causing strong winds. By that day they had a riot on the ship where the Captain came over the announcer and told them they were nothing more than a "pack of idiots" and nothing more than "hyenas", he said he would not tolerate abuse of his staff and that those "idiots" would be getting kicked off in Hong Kong. That actually happened and true to his word the ringleaders and abusive passengers were all kicked off. By this stage we had already had $150 credited to our on board account for spending. To get the credit what happened was that a few days later after we left Hong Kong bound for Kaoshiung we had some high winds slow the ship down which would make us late for the next port. We would only have half a day instead of a full day. Well by this stage we were offered another $50 in on board spend as well as for Australians and Japanese we got a 50% future cruise credit, the British and Americans got 25%.

Personally I did not expect anything because I was having a good time and the ship was comfortable and kept out of storms. I was happy. I was happier when I got offered the credit because it means I can do it all again next year. I might just have to pick another cruise in typhoon season hoping for another shot at something like this.

Good score, I would imagine they would get the port fees and taxes reimbursed and possibly that would be it.

Interesting cruise, huge compensation by way of cruise credits for missed ports, never heard of anything so generous, particularly from Princess. Anyway, please tell, who were the 'idiots and hyenas' the Captain was referring to? Surely not Australians ? :halo::loudcry: Just say they were from the 'Far East.' Anyway good work by the Captain, removing them from the ship if they caused so many dramas on board.

Well they were not Australian and they were not Japanese, and they were certainly not from the land of hope and glory so that leaves that country you referred to. I was on a tour to Macau when the ship docked in Hong Kong and there were a number of passengers with luggage in tow at the second gangway on the promenade deck as we were leaving for our tour. We could only speculate who they were and none of the faces looked like guest entertainers leaving the ship.

The announcement from the Captain did upset a few passengers because of the names he called them and the Japanese translator did not translate the words idiots or hyenas which led to the English speaking Japanese to complain and tell others that the translation was not accurate.

There were a lot of laughs after Hong Kong when we got the future cruise credit offer. I still have the letter and will try and photograph it. It makes a good souvenir and story to tell.

I agree, that humidity is too much for comfort.
It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. There was a nice breeze in the early afternoon.

Below are some pics this morning as we passed Cape Tribulation. 7cf10f7c6cdb2fe4b8d1c25d5358f691.jpgb7d2d4646e13e873eeaa046dca623c31.jpg3058be3d538415af4c6ed050816c2b99.jpge95254e2c8d8684d06e192d8263df1db.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I wonder why they are skipping all those ports, although I do like sea days.:D
It's because this is just a repositioning cruise.

The sea days are delightful [emoji16]

We're certainly not ready to be back tomorrow! ec324a122fe79c21c63c485562473653.jpgec4f00c420d11e09eac5ad5f3f70c9ad.jpg

And we are back in Sydney after 22 days of very smooth seas (darn it)!

It's been an absolute dream being on board for this repositioning.

The crew are amazing, as always.

Missing Diamond Princess already and haven't walked onshore yet! ae0d9e4ddfe920b0fef986a107262b58.jpg479ed51e547bf3599f464d9f72490224.jpg2de992cdc4e9e7124e9b11d929014209.jpg17bcd2521ac31339d46cc43c2508e421.jpg57e5867bafd02bfd75efc044e5ef86b4.jpg

• 4 months later...

I was also on this cruise and was offered 50% refund. Have you received the credit? We're looking at our next cruise but Princess are dragging their feet regarding the Future Cruise Credit. Thanks for any information.