Miami Rest!

thebooler

The Miami Airport Hilton does day rooms 10am - 5pm, with courtesy shuttles every 15mins from the departures level.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hilton-miami-airport-MIAAHHH/index.html

Price does vary by season and how far ahead you book, but you can usually book and cancel if you find a cheaper rate, just check the booking rules before committing.

I always spend the day there when I am stuck at MIA for many hours; it's a pleasant location with a pool and walking/jogging trail and it gets me out of the airport for a breath of fresh air before a long overnight flight.

You will, of course, have to go through security when you return to MIA but that's the same for any hotel day room, even the hotel right in the airport - just leave enough time for it.

Edited by jollyjones

If you have an American Express you can look into using the centurion lounge.

http://www.miami-airport.com/Centurion_Lounge.asp

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, but you must have a specific type of AMEX card - a straight Platinum or Centurion (aka "the Black Card") to enter the Centurion Lounge. A green AMEX or a Delta AMEX or a Starwood AMEX does not get you in.

They ARE nice lounges, though.

It is complimentary for platinum and centurion card holders however other Amex card holders can purchase access.

"All other Card Members with a valid American Express[emoji768] Credit or Charge Card are eligible to purchase access to the Lounge for $50 per day, subject to space availability."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums