Grits?

jaxcruiser23

wow I think I am craving cheese grits now with some bacon crunched up in it :D

What a cruel thought. Arrghhhh, you'll have some no doubt in oh maybe 9 or 10 days.

I get to wait 29 days!

Love my grits!

Grits were served on the Freedom..in the dining Room for breakfast. They were also cooked right....creamy and thick. Grits should have salt and pepper..and then butter added to them...NOTHING ELSE...then eaten as the ambrosia they are. I LOVE grits. They are sometimes hard to cook. I have seen them on the Lido Deck..but they are always runny.

The Freedom ..on at least one morning..had petite biscuits. They were good.

Sometimes grits are only served in one line on the Lido...ask. And if you want really good grits..eat in the dining room when possible.

MY THING....is that the chicken they serve on American Day in the Lido...is really good chicken. It may be oven fried, but it still has a crispness that is delicious. So..tell me...on a casual night..why do they never serve that at dinner? To..it is one of the two best entrees they cook. And I always see a long line of people lined up to get chicken on American days. One Night on a cruise..Their delicious chicken, mashed potatoes, green peas, a roll...I mean that was Sunday Dinner in my house for years. And then they would have to have Peach Cobbler for dessert.

"Public Service Announcement"....Okay, more of a request to be polite and respect the other cruisers.....:) Those who love Grits, know that it is a personal thing and people love to fix their grits the way they like them. The only thing I ask, is to remember that other people (many other people) are in the buffet line behind you. It is inconsiderate to them for someone to stop for 5 minutes at the Grits in order to "fix them" (butter, toppings, etc.). Get your stuff ready, but please wait until you are out of the line before you fix them. Not everyone will be able to get breakfast in the time allotted if everyone pauses in line for 5 minutes to at the grits. The grits will still be hot enough.

At the very least, wave people around you, and don't give people a stern look if they politely tell you they are going to go around you and get some hash browns while you are fixing your grits. This happened to my wife last week. 3,000 people on the cruise ship need to learn to be considerate of each other. Not judging, just reminding that we all need to be considerate of each other. Thank you.:)

I have been on many Carnival cruises but I cant seem to remember do they have grits at the breakfast buffet I dont think they do.

But they do have have Eggs benedict and Lox for the yanks lol.

On the Freedom last month they had oatmeal and grits every morning at the buffet. However, the grits were so runny . . . sort of like lumpy water . . . :(

Also if you sail on ships from New Orleans and Mobile, you will find plenty of GRITS..

G irls

R aised

I n

T he

S outh.

Dave

I'm just a GRIT, then. Girl Raised In TEXAS!

(and I don't like grits. The cornmeal mush, not the Southern girls)

and some runny eggs on top of them:D

Now you're talking.

Also if you sail on ships from New Orleans and Mobile, you will find plenty of GRITS..

G irls

R aised

I n

T he

S outh.

Dave

I am a GRITS thru and thru. Mmmmm and some good sausage gravy and biscuits. The gravy must have bits of sausage in it. The biscuits need to be buttery and flaky.

I think I'll be making breakfast for dinner tonight :D.

We love grits! Have tried them on most ships on which we have sailed, but most do not seem to know how to prepare them properly. I have to agree with Jetskier that ships sailing from Mobile and New Orleans have gotten it right!

When I went on the Eurodam Holland america ship no grits to be found on the entire ship I couldnt believe it. LoL

I will never forget when I was on the fascination and I was was getting some grits and I sat down at the lido and a lady sat down next to me she looked on my plate and asked me what in the world I was eating I said there grits and I explained to her I was born and raised in Jacksonville,FL and grew up on them she said I dont know how youz guyz eat that lol.

I looked over on her plate and she had a bagel and salmon and she thought what I was eating was weird lol.

So on my way to port canaveral I may just stop by Cracker barrell and get me some cheese grits and bacon or waffle house lol ooh hashbrowns smothered and covered or whats even better than that Krystals breakfast bowl with grits cheese sausage already mixed together. :)

I have been on many Carnival cruises but I cant seem to remember do they have grits at the breakfast buffet I dont think they do.

But they do have have Eggs benedict and Lox for the yanks lol.

Yes the have grits every other morning at the buffet and every morning in the dining room.

Archived