Who Has Been On The Zuiderman Lately?

cruzinjudi

We were on the Zuiderdam Aug 4-11. Alaska cruise. Very few people will complain about the air conditioning not working. The day we boarded in Vancouver was very hot and the air conditioning in our cabin - 7101 - was working just fine. As was the heat that we had to turn on the next day. There was nothing wrong with our toilet, our sink, or our bath/shower. I tried to use one of the public washrooms on the Lido deck and judging by the contents inside the toilet when I arrived it was broken. I tried to flush it and nothing.

Otherwise the ship was fine. Some people don't like the purple/maroon color scheme but I like it. Staff are constantly cleaning/polishing/painting to keep the ship looking good.

The Zuiderdam has the best food of any cruise I've ever been on. Service can be slow, especially at breakfast.

I'd happily get on the Zuiderdam again.

My husband and I are looking to do a 11 day panama canal cruise the end of october and I am hearing alot of negative things about the ship with the plumbing and air conditioner, would like some feedback on the ship

Wife and i were on her April this year. No apparent problems. Heard very few complaints.

Fine ship,Great crew.

We are doing the 11 day Panama Cruise on Oct 29th. If you look at the member reviews, none of the recent ones had any real complaints. BTW there is a roll call for that cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1619036

We did this same cruise (without Columbia) in 2009. It was one of our very favorite cruises.

We were onboard last month (that was my review that maxout linked :)) and while there were some signs of wear and tear in our stateroom, it was very minor. All of the public areas onboard looked great.

The A/C worked fine our room and we had no issues with the plumbing, but we did get the impression that plumbing problems do still crop up here and there.

Just off Zuiderdam on Saturday; she's looking great. No apparent AC or toilet issues. Have a peek:

http://avidcruiser.com/ftdc/2012/08/20/zuiderdam-live-voyage-report-recap/

Aaron: Thanks for posting your review & fantastic photos. Have sailed the oosterdam twice but prefer the colours of Zuiderdam. Looking forward to seeing her for real next May. :)

Archived