dolphinaris cozumel

drscooby74

Taxi - fares will be posted on a board near the cab line for your pier.

There are three cruise ship piers on Cozumel -- be sure to go back to the correct pier; it can be challenging after your 12th margarita! :rolleyes:

We booked the dolphinaris on our own for our spring break cruise last year. We decided to walk as it was only about a 5-10 minute walk from the main cruise terminal. Ended up getting there before all the people who booked through the cruise line and saved about half the money they paid. Definitely a place I recommend everyone to book on their own and not through the cruise line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked the dolphinaris on our own for our spring break cruise last year. We decided to walk as it was only about a 5-10 minute walk from the main cruise terminal. Ended up getting there before all the people who booked through the cruise line and saved about half the money they paid. Definitely a place I recommend everyone to book on their own and not through the cruise line.

Walking is only really convenient if you dock at Punta Langosta.

It is possible from Puerta Maya and International but certainly more convenient to get a taxi.

sensesfail3, just curious if you have ever done the dolphins at Chank and if so which you prefer and why? We will be there in October with the grandkids and want them to do the dolphin encounter. Just not sure which would be better. They are 9 and 6, of course their mom will do it with them. :)

Would be curious to hear more about your trip as we are looking at going here in November. Did you have nay kids in your party? Did you do the watersports stuff at all? Pictures?

Would be curious to hear more about your trip as we are looking at going here in November. Did you have nay kids in your party? Did you do the watersports stuff at all? Pictures?

We booked directly through their website and it was only about a 10 minute walk from the dock we were at. We scheduled for an early morning and the weather in March wasn’t the best. Somewhat overcast and choppy ocean, so the water sports were unavailable. We had an 8 year old with us who was a little nervous but ended up loving it. It was defiantly worth the money, we got to spend a lot of time in the water with the dolphins, in a small group, only about 8-10 people per group and 2 trainers. We had our own section of the pool and 1 dolphin dedicated to our group. We each got to ride the dolphin and do countless tricks with it. The guides were fantastic and very accommodating to all ages and levels of comfort. There was another young boy in our group (not in our party) who was very nervous and the trainers let him do alternative things with the dolphin to make him feel more comfortable and still get to participate. Afterwards we took advantage of their all you can eat lunch buffet which is included. They had 2 sections, an American bbq section and a Mexican section with a cook to order taco bar. You aren’t allowed to take any photos or have any personal items on you while with the dolphins. Mainly because of safety reasons, but I also think because they have photographers snapping photos of you non-stop in the water that they try to sell to you afterwards. A member of our party did end up buying the full cd of photos for memories. All in all, an amazing value for the price we paid on their website, with all you can eat food included. Afterwards, we had a lot of hours to kill so we caught a cab down the road to one of the beach resorts.

Hope that helps, enjoy your trip in November!

sensesfail3, just curious if you have ever done the dolphins at Chank and if so which you prefer and why? We will be there in October with the grandkids and want them to do the dolphin encounter. Just not sure which would be better. They are 9 and 6, of course their mom will do it with them. :)

Hi cruisinmems. I myself have never done the excursion at chankanaab, however we met people in our group at dolphinaris who had previously done chankanaab on a prior cruise. We became friends with them as they were also on our ship. They had 2 young daughters with them and they informed us that they thought dolphinaris was much better value and overall experience.

Hope that helps.

We booked directly through their website and it was only about a 10 minute walk from the dock we were at. We scheduled for an early morning and the weather in March wasn’t the best. Somewhat overcast and choppy ocean, so the water sports were unavailable. We had an 8 year old with us who was a little nervous but ended up loving it. It was defiantly worth the money, we got to spend a lot of time in the water with the dolphins, in a small group, only about 8-10 people per group and 2 trainers. We had our own section of the pool and 1 dolphin dedicated to our group. We each got to ride the dolphin and do countless tricks with it. The guides were fantastic and very accommodating to all ages and levels of comfort. There was another young boy in our group (not in our party) who was very nervous and the trainers let him do alternative things with the dolphin to make him feel more comfortable and still get to participate. Afterwards we took advantage of their all you can eat lunch buffet which is included. They had 2 sections, an American bbq section and a Mexican section with a cook to order taco bar. You aren’t allowed to take any photos or have any personal items on you while with the dolphins. Mainly because of safety reasons, but I also think because they have photographers snapping photos of you non-stop in the water that they try to sell to you afterwards. A member of our party did end up buying the full cd of photos for memories. All in all, an amazing value for the price we paid on their website, with all you can eat food included. Afterwards, we had a lot of hours to kill so we caught a cab down the road to one of the beach resorts.

Hope that helps, enjoy your trip in November!

Awesome thanks what cruise line we're you with as we are going Carnival and i believe where they dock is like 2 miles from there

Awesome thanks what cruise line we're you with as we are going Carnival and i believe where they dock is like 2 miles from there

Walking is only really convenient if you dock at Punta Langosta, it would appear that this was where PP docked.

It is possible from Puerta Maya and International but certainly more convenient to get a taxi. Most Carnival ships dock at Puerta Maya, some dock at Punta Langosta. This may help but not 100% accurate.

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2018.html

Walking is only really convenient if you dock at Punta Langosta, it would appear that this was where PP docked.

It is possible from Puerta Maya and International but certainly more convenient to get a taxi. Most Carnival ships dock at Puerta Maya, some dock at Punta Langosta. This may help but not 100% accurate.

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2018.html

Puerta Maya is the one by 3 Amigos right? It's been about 6 years since we have been down to Cozumel so trying to remember where everything is

I keep reading that it is expensive to purchase photos here, but I can't find any prices. I am just trying to get a ballpark price for pictures so I don't have complete sticker shock.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

So I looked on their actual website for group photos you vet digital photos of all people in your group whole time is 189 if you book through them. If you book through cruise ship and buy photos there they had same package is $370