Cemetery Beach

drscooby74

We took the city bus. $.2.50 pp we Walked to the depot a few blocks from the cruise port. The ride took about 20 mins with only one ship in port on a Sunday. I would imagine the ride could take a long time when several ships are in port though, so I would plan at least 45 mins to an hour for the return trip. Our return trip took around 39 mins because the bus driver decided to stop and go get some fast food pickup LOL

The return bus stop is right across the street from the little path next to the cemetery. Take that little path directly to the beach. There are no public facilities there though, which is what I didn’t like about it, and the beach had lots of very rough coral which prevented us from actually going in the water without water shoes.

When you’re ready to return to town you simply flag down a passing bus.

Edited by 4cats4me

actually Cemetery Beach is on 7 Mile beach .....

similar to the Key's 7 mile bridge, 7 mile beach is not as clearly defined as one might imagine.

If you measure from the tender landings, north along the coast all the way to 'west end' you find the distance is about 7 miles ..... hence "7 mile beach" and Cem is only about 5 miles north of the tender landing and 2 miles 'inside' the north end of "Seven Mile Beach"