Tracy Arm from Juneau - 11am arrival

divot33

We'll be on the Ruby Princess arriving in Juneau on June 18, 2018. We are a group of 7 - me, my wife, 3 adult daughters, and my parents.

We were hoping to do a small boat excursion to Tracy Arm, but Princess isn't offering one, and every one that I have found departs before we get to port.

We are scheduled to be in Juneau 11am - 10pm.

I emailed both Adventure Bound and Allen Marine.

AB offered a private boat for up to 25, but, as you can imagine, that would be pricey unless we can round up 18 of our closest cruise-mates.

Allen has a boat leaving at 1:30, but only 4 spots left.

Does anyone have any other ideas for options?

Thanks!

We'll be on the Ruby Princess arriving in Juneau on June 18, 2018. We are a group of 7 - me, my wife, 3 adult daughters, and my parents.

We were hoping to do a small boat excursion to Tracy Arm, but Princess isn't offering one, and every one that I have found departs before we get to port.

We are scheduled to be in Juneau 11am - 10pm.

I emailed both Adventure Bound and Allen Marine.

AB offered a private boat for up to 25, but, as you can imagine, that would be pricey unless we can round up 18 of our closest cruise-mates.

Allen has a boat leaving at 1:30, but only 4 spots left.

Does anyone have any other ideas for options?

Thanks!

Take the 4 spots and the rest of the group do something else.

Nope -those are your options.

Not sure how much the private charter would be but considering the tour is an all day tour - it probably would be worth $300-$400 per person to do it.

With just 7,the private tour breaks down to $500 per person. The regular tour is around $165 per person, so it would be a big upcharge if we didn't find another group or two to join us.

Take the 4 spots and the rest of the group do something else.

Yeah, we're a group of 5 and 2. I might just see if my parents want to take 2 spots (they are currently on a Panama Canal cruise, so if they are interested, they can check when they get back). The 5 in my family could just do something else.

If we spent that much on this one, we'd have to cut back on another day - so we'll see what everyone thinks.

Thank you for the feedback!

With just 7,the private tour breaks down to $500 per person. The regular tour is around $165 per person, so it would be a big upcharge if we didn't find another group or two to join us.

Having done his tour a few times, I often thought he could charge a lot more as he charges the same as a 2 hour whale watching trip. Though, I agree, $500 is expensive.

You may want to post on your roll call to see if anyone there is interested.

Having done his tour a few times, I often thought he could charge a lot more as he charges the same as a 2 hour whale watching trip. Though, I agree, $500 is expensive.

You may want to post on your roll call to see if anyone there is interested.

My cost for basically a one way (transfer right @ Tracy Arm from ship, up the fjord, then back to Juneau through Holland America is $239.95 per person.