Civitavecchia Cruise Port

empress1951

Once we arrive at Largo della Pace cruise terminal, will we ever be separated from our luggage? That is, do we carry the luggage ourselves up steps and onto the shuttle, or are they larger coach buses that have luggage storage underneath? Or, are the shuttles just for passengers and our luggage will be collected, inspected, then transported to the ship by cruise personnel? Thank you for any advice offered.

You will put your larger bags outside your room the night before. They will appear on the dock, and you claim there. If you are taking a shuttle, you will take your bags to the shuttle. Most likely they will go in the belly of the shuttle.

You will take your carry on bags with you at all times. Your valuables, medications, etc, should be in your carry on bag(s).

Assuming your transport doesn't take you direct to the ship?

Your luggage will go on the shuttle...been a while since I took the shuttle there, but pretty sure you carry your bags on the shuttle. Then you take them off and give to porters at ship. Your luggage will then appear in your cabin.

The bags do go into a compartment underneath the coach used as the shuttle, so they go with you, but you don’t have to sit them next to you on the shuttle, or carry them up the steps onto the shuttle.

This is my recollection as well. Bigger bags under the coach.

It is a number of miles from Civi to Rrome........... A full coach is needed fof lots of guests with all their luggge . no small shuttle can handlle that. The time we rode the coach to Rome, hAL had a 'guide on the bus as ghey made a few stops .... though DH and I got off and caught t a taxi. We had been to R ome many times prrevious to that visit. and wanted to proceed directly to our hotel

It is a number of miles from Civi to Rrome........... A full coach is needed fof lots of guests with all their luggge . no small shuttle can handlle that. The time we rode the coach to Rome, hAL had a 'guide on the bus as ghey made a few stops .... though DH and I got off and caught t a taxi. We had been to R ome many times prrevious to that visit. and wanted to proceed directly to our hotel

While I'm sure that is so, the OP was asking about the shuttle at Civitavecchia that picks up people at Largo della Pace in front of the cruise terminal and takes you into the port. It is a free shuttle run by the port to assist people arriving by train (or other means that are not allowed to enter the actual port).