Organised tours from Civitavecchia

harg56

Having decided to take an organised tour from the port to Rome, could anyone please tell me if the ship’s tour buses pick up directly at the ship, or do you still need to get the shuttle first to the coach park outside the port? Reason for asking - if you still need to get the shuttle I’ll book the tour through a non-ship company as it’s cheaper. Thanks.

Ship's excursions will start at the dock, shipside. Quite likely your private tour will also start at the dock. At least ours have.

Thank you. I will probably book the ship tour if that’s the case, because the tour with Cruising Excursions clearly states you have to take the shuttle to outside the port first.

Thank you. I will probably book the ship tour if that’s the case, because the tour with Cruising Excursions clearly states you have to take the shuttle to outside the port first.

larger tour buses such as appears to be the case with cruising excursions meet outside the port

however smaller 7 seater vans with well recommended companies on here such as Rome cabs Rome in limo rome-car-tours joe bananas and several others all pick uou up near exit from gangplank

if you get a group together from your roll call will be much cheaper than ships tours and IMHO a much better experience in a small group rather than a large bus via ships tour

We have been picked up right near the ship using private tour companies.

Keith

Keith: Can you recommend any companies. We will be on the Crystal Serenity in August, which does Rome. We're considering a private tour from Civitavecchia to Rome. Thank you!