Alternatives to giving Carnival gift cards?

Tys Mom

My mother, sister and I are cruising in January. For Christmas, I wanted to give my mother a Carnival gift card but was disappointed to discover the minimum is $100. Is it possible to give her the gift of on-board spending money through another Carnival avenue?

Thank you, all, for your help and suggestions.

I found there is no way to designate Cruise Cash to be used by a specific person in a shared cabin when buying it online. I needed to place my order with a quick and easy call to the Fun Shop. For those who may find this thread in the future, the Fun Shop's number is 1-800-522-7648.

Thank you, all, for your help and suggestions.

I found there is no way to designate Cruise Cash to be used by a specific person in a shared cabin when buying it online. I needed to place my order with a quick and easy call to the Fun Shop. For those who may find this thread in the future, the Fun Shop's number is 1-800-522-7648.

That doesn’t make any sense. I did it when my mom and I shared a cabin on Vista.

You need her booking number and sail date. You can also call the FunShops. I recommend general cruise cash that way she can use it for anything.
You no longer need the booking number. Only the name (legal name, as in Robert not Bob or Richard not Dick - whatever name is on their ID) and you need the month. You don't even need to know what ship, just the legal name and month.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

That doesn’t make any sense. I did it when my mom and I shared a cabin on Vista.
There is a way. It ask you exactly who the gift is for and one of the options is ALL. All of the guests staying in that cabin are listed and you may choose only one guest. I use Carnival Fun Shops quite a bit, you DO get a choice.

You no longer need the booking number. Only the name (legal name, as in Robert not Bob or Richard not Dick - whatever name is on their ID) and you need the month. You don't even need to know what ship, just the legal name and month.

Maybe not if you call, but if you are doing it yourself online by accessing the reservation you do.

Maybe not if you call, but if you are doing it yourself online by accessing the reservation you do.
No you don't online. Only legal first name, legal last name and month. You used to have to have the booking number but it is no longer required if you know the month. I literally just tried it five minutes ago.