Small Catamaran recommendation?

RoxiRoo

Hi All,

We did a small cat tour and snorkel in Barbados years ago and are looking for something similar in St. Maarten - something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! I think there were about 16 of us or less last time. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you!

One of our favorites is the Golden Eagle (Eagle Tours) out of SXM. We actually booked it through the ship and it's still one of our favorites. We returned for a land vacation and also enjoyed their Friday Farewell full-day sail. Great crew, smaller group, and nice day!

It's hard to go just by the TA reviews as each option is unique.

www.sailingsxm.com.com

I can recommend the Mirabella catamaran/snorkel we took a year or so ago. We were scheduled on another excursion that was cancelled ... got off the ship and walked to the tour center at the end of the pier ... and happened on a group leaving on the Mirabella and signed up. It was probably better than the original excursion we had planned. Lasted about 4 hrs ... left right from the dock next to the cruise pier ... very clean catamaran & very friendly, safety-conscious crew that gave great service. Made a snorkel stop & another stop (at Mullet Bay), where people could get off (drop down stairs into the water) and swim to the beach (the provided noodles & life vests for flotation if people wanted them). The beach stop was about 45 mins. Sandwiches & beverages provided. On the cat there were places underneath in shade or out in the sun to sit. They had about 15-20 people on board, didn't feel at all crowded. I think it cost $65-$70 and we thought it was a good value and we would do it again (and might this Fall when we return to St. Maarten).

Great Suggestions! Eagle doesn't work with our dock times, Mirabella is a little bigger than what we want (but the price is right!), and SXM is a little spendy for us. But, I will take them all under consideration. :)

If you look at my original post, it was before Hurricane Irma devastated the Island. I had no way of knowing they would take a direct hit. Of course I am not concerned about a Catamaran now.....I'm not that ridiculous. Don't be mean.

If you look at my original post, it was before Hurricane Irma devastated the Island. I had no way of knowing they would take a direct hit. Of course I am not concerned about a Catamaran now.....I'm not that ridiculous. Don't be mean.

I took it as sarcastic as in you are "not informed", "living in a cave" .... that sort of thing.....

Your last sentence still fits though!:)