Sideways Interior Cabins Pearl Deck 8

lovebears

We were on the Pearl and while we did not have an inside cabin, we saw several as we were walking by. W were somewhat struck with how small they were.

Anyway, if you Google NCL Pearl inside cabin photos, you will get lots and lots of photos.

Our first NCL cruise was in a deck 8 sideways interior cabin on sistership NCL Gem back in 2009. It was the only time we sailed in an inside cabin on NCL but it is a better layout than the standard inside in my opinion. The cabin is the same size and layout as a standard inside but the cabin door is located where a connecting door would be in connecting inside cabins. The advantage to this is that when you enter the cabin the bed is on one side and the bathroom and storage is on the other. This made flow easier even for just two people. Plus where the cabin door would be located on a standard cabin doesn't need to be used as hallway so it becomes extra closet space. If you think about walking toward the cabin door in a standard cabin the last 20 inches or so past the bathroom door become closet space instead of hall.

NCL insides are small compared to other mass market lines but they are well designed and the sideways design is an improvement.

I stayed in 9589 on the Pearl back in 2009. It was a sideways inside near the mid stairs. Unfortunately, I don't have any good pictures of the cabin but I recall it exactly as Paul described.

I remember that the cabin felt bigger than a normal inside because of where you enter the cabin. I concur with it being a preferable layout, in my opinion, than a normal inside.

Here is link to a youtube video of sideways interior stateroom 9627 on sister ship Norwegian Jewel.

If we were booking an inside stateroom we would book this layout and then separate the beds into twins making more space in the cabin.