NCL Pearl Pool

reidtgang

I am curious as well. We were on the Pearl to the Panama Canal and it was open, no retractable roof. Unless they heat the pool, I would assume it would be quite chilly (depending on where you are from). As a FL transplant from CA, I found AK both times I was there really REALLY cold and would never think to get into an unheated pool. However, those were back in the late 80s early 90s...so maybe things have changed on the cruise lines with regards to heating. That said, we went to AK for AK and not for the pool on the ship, though how awesome it would be to have that as an option.

The pools on all the ships (except for maybe in the spas) are sea water. NCL has the ability to heat them and keeps them at a usable temperature, though for a lot of people they are too cold the first part of the week. Temperatures on Alaskan cruise during the day can range from the mid to upper 80s all the way down into the 50s. At night temperatures will be colder. Temperature will impact water temps since the pools are so small.

On the Pearl for 10 days the 2nd & 3rd week of May '16, I only saw someone in the pool on the last at-sea day we had on the way from Ketchikan to Victoria. There were a few (2-3) young kids and maybe a couple adults. I felt of the water one day and it did not feel heated to me. There was almost always someone in one of the four hot tubs on the pool deck though.

Here is about as exciting and busy as I saw the pool get... (I wasn't monitoring it 24/7 though... ;p)

26960667684_39db7e0499_o.jpg

Supercrewbear has a good photo of the pools....2 smallish pools.

Contrary to Zqvol, they are not "sea water". They are salt water pools as opposed to chlorinated for keeping the pool water clean.

Also, on our recent cruise on the Pearl, I am not sure they were heated, the water was very cold.

Supercrewbear has a good photo of the pools....2 smallish pools.

Contrary to Zqvol, they are not "sea water". They are salt water pools as opposed to chlorinated for keeping the pool water clean.

Also, on our recent cruise on the Pearl, I am not sure they were heated, the water was very cold.

Sorry, but the pools are filled with water pumped directly from the sea, and they contain chlorine, they are not just salt water. That would be foolish because they would have to salt them AND chlorinate them.