Cruise Reviews

Therk

Thought it might be a good idea to put all of our cruise reviews in one thread so its easy for everyone to see. You can structure it however you like but here is my (short) example below:

Ship and Line: Carnival Spirit

Sailing Date: July 2017, 10 days

Cabin: 8/10

Deck 8 Balcony forward.

Good spacious cabin, surprisingly not too much up and down considering cabin location. Plenty of storage and all furniture/amenities working and in good nick. Decor (i.e. "look") is slightly dated.

Food: 7.5/10

Solid food overall, much better than P&O Australia. Highlights included Nouveau restaurant and Guy's Burgers, the latter of which we had daily. Very good pizza too. Loses some points in the buffet for sometimes bland food which rarely changes and inconsistency in the mdr (from really average to very good).

Service/Staff: 8/10

Overall very good with a couple of staff looking a bit overworked/stressed out. Great staff in redfrog pub - the bartender was amazing and did some great tricks. Eli is a great cruise director, always involved and I really enjoyed his Q&A near the end of the cruise.

Entertainment/Activities: 7.5/10

From average (Musicals) to excellent (Miss Houdini) the shows were overall good. I also really enjoyed the Marriage game which was a good laugh. The Trivia was OK however sometimes packed with nowhere to sit as the designated areas were too small. A few too many activities involved selling - a bit more enrichment would have been good.

Itinerary: 8.5/10

Great itinerary with Lifou (excellent snorkelling in Jinek Bay), Mare (Amazing beach), Mystery Island (Beach + Snorkelling!) and Noumea (Average and overpriced).

Overall: 8/10

Great holiday on an awesome ship - would go Carnival again any day of the week! While there were small issues and things that could be improved overall it was a great holiday and fantastic for the money for what is considered an entry level mainstream line.

Hi Mick

I am trying to write a review but after I type in my review title, I get the square where I add photos. Next option is to tick the box that my review is valid etc. How/Where do I type my actual review? Tried a couple of times and just can't do it. Clearly I am missing something obvious. Can you help? Thanks.

Personally I much prefer to do a review as a thread, so I can then answer questions and others on the cruise can join in, thus giving a much more thorough overview.

I find the reviews in the review section of little help, as when someone say something like “the seasoning in the stew was all wrong” (silly example I know) I want to know what they thought was wrong with it, at their wrong may well be my right.

Hi Mick

I am trying to write a review but after I type in my review title, I get the square where I add photos. Next option is to tick the box that my review is valid etc. How/Where do I type my actual review? Tried a couple of times and just can't do it. Clearly I am missing something obvious. Can you help? Thanks.

Click on this link https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/memberreviews/collect/

and write the review in the box that says 'Your Review'.

Personally I much prefer to do a review as a thread, so I can then answer questions and others on the cruise can join in, thus giving a much more thorough overview.

I find the reviews in the review section of little help, as when someone say something like “the seasoning in the stew was all wrong” (silly example I know) I want to know what they thought was wrong with it, at their wrong may well be my right.

I like both options, write the review and also start a thread.

Ditto, I love reading reviews in the forums rather than the review section.