Birthdays in the MDR Freedom Dining

Presto2

Hi

Hubby has his 21st birthday (he wishes) when we are on Oceana.

We are freedom dining so I am wondering how I manage to sort a table out with balloons etc and the waiters singing (he'll hate it but the embarassment is worth it !)

How do I organise this? Who do I tell? How does this fit in with Freedom Dining?

Thanks for any help

:)

Hi

Hubby has his 21st birthday (he wishes) when we are on Oceana.

We are freedom dining so I am wondering how I manage to sort a table out with balloons etc and the waiters singing (he'll hate it but the embarassment is worth it !)

How do I organise this? Who do I tell? How does this fit in with Freedom Dining?

Thanks for any help

:)

I simply spoke to the Maitre d' when it my husband's 60th.

Thanks. Does that work for freedom dining too?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Yes it does, when I asked they wanted to know what time we wanted to dine, and how many. On the evening of his birthday we did not have to wait, the Maitre d' took us to a table in the centre of the restaurant that he had reserved for us. Hubby was suitably embarrassed and has sworn revenge.

Yes it does, when I asked they wanted to know what time we wanted to dine, and how many. On the evening of his birthday we did not have to wait, the Maitre d' took us to a table in the centre of the restaurant that he had reserved for us. Hubby was suitably embarrassed and has sworn revenge.

Sounds good to me ;-)

In the centre too --- oooohh dear, not easy to hide there either !!

On our Golden Wedding cruise, our table in MDR ( complete strangers until then) wanted to arrange for the waiters to sing, but were told they had to have our permission to do that. Later our waiter spotted us in the buffet and asked if it would be OK. It was very nice.

Sounds suitably embarrassing too, but a lovely touch on such a special anniversary.

Having looked at dozens of cruises and holidays we are still tempted to go back to Oceana for our 25th in 2019. Slightly off topic but do they do anything else special for special anniversaries?

Now don't laugh, but despite the fact that we have been on quite a few cruises now I don't think I'd know who the Maitre d' was if he came up to me with a huge badge on. Is there just one or a number for certain areas? Is he the bloke at the desk? I always get confused. If there is only one where am I going to find him?

Sorry, if this sounds a completely stupid question !!!

Now don't laugh, but despite the fact that we have been on quite a few cruises now I don't think I'd know who the Maitre d' was if he came up to me with a huge badge on. Is there just one or a number for certain areas? Is he the bloke at the desk? I always get confused. If there is only one where am I going to find him?

Not stupid, me neither!

I only knew who he was because we were introduced at the officers lunch. He is usually standing near to the door of the restaurant wearing a black jacket and supervising the staff, he moves between the restsurants so is not always there. If you can't spot him ask one of the head waiters who he is or ask them to arrange your celebration.