Best place to relax on a beach??

DENIE

We will be on Grand Cayman in November 2018 on a Celebrity cruise, and are looking for a nice beach to relax. Not seeing anything on our shore excursions other than a pricey all-inclusive option. Here is what we are looking for:

Not overly crowded

Somewhat easy to get to - don't mind bus, cab, etc., but not too far away

Options to include some shade - umbrellas, beach chairs, etc. Cabanas would be plus

Options that include purchasing decent adult drinks and food

Nice place to get in the water. We don't have snorkel equipment, so that would not be a requirement.

If anyone has any recent experience, would love to hear about it. If there are any existing threads I missed, am happy to be pointed that direction.

Always love the feed back from CC enthusiasts, and advice is always "spot on"!! :cool::cool:

I d like to add that, while Post #2 does have a lot of information, we took that advice and went to the Calico Jack’s area. We call it “World’s Most Crowded Beach.” We made the best of it that day but I would never go there again. We’ll probably stay on the ship next spring when we return to Grand Cayman.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just as in virtually all cruise ports, all of you requirements can be easily found at several places except the first one. If you were willing to eliminate the “not too far away” requirement I’d suggest renting a car and driving to Rum Point. Otherwise you will have to deal with all of your fellow cruise mates who are looking for that same idyllic spot along SMB with the amenities you want.

I d like to add that, while Post #2 does have a lot of information, we took that advice and went to the Calico Jack’s area. We call it “World’s Most Crowded Beach.” We made the best of it that day but I would never go there again. We’ll probably stay on the ship next spring when we return to Grand Cayman.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will note that I did say that the places with facilities were more crowded than the spots without. The Cemetery or Governors Beach sections would be much quieter, but if you want facilities and a restaurant, you're also going to have crowds.

Just as in virtually all cruise ports, all of you requirements can be easily found at several places except the first one. If you were willing to eliminate the “not too far away” requirement I’d suggest renting a car and driving to Rum Point. Otherwise you will have to deal with all of your fellow cruise mates who are looking for that same idyllic spot along SMB with the amenities you want.

Rum Point can sometimes be crowded too, especially on a weekend or holiday. Going to one of the many other non-beach-club public beach access points around the island will ensure fewer crowds, but you'll have to do without any real facilities.