Returned from NCL Star Mex Riv Mar 11

cacj

we have a family suite next month...what is wrong with the windows?????

Some of the windows have the seals broken, so they are fogged in between the panes. In November we were in 12508 and 3 of the 4 windows were bad. A few weeks ago were were in 12022 and all 4 windows were perfectly fine. I actually have a list of cabins with good, bad and just ok windows that the Hotel Director sent to me after our November cruise so I would be sure to book a Family Suite with good windows for our May trip ;)

What Family Suite are you booked in...I can check my list and let you know if you would like?

Some of the windows have the seals broken, so they are fogged in between the panes. In November we were in 12508 and 3 of the 4 windows were bad. A few weeks ago were were in 12022 and all 4 windows were perfectly fine. I actually have a list of cabins with good, bad and just ok windows that the Hotel Director sent to me after our November cruise so I would be sure to book a Family Suite with good windows for our May trip ;)

What Family Suite are you booked in...I can check my list and let you know if you would like?

I saw your note about the Family Suites - we're going to be in 12008 shortly. Is that one of the rooms on your list?

Some of the windows have the seals broken, so they are fogged in between the panes. In November we were in 12508 and 3 of the 4 windows were bad.

Oooo! We’re sailing in 12516. Please check! Thanks

I saw your note about the Family Suites - we're going to be in 12008 shortly. Is that one of the rooms on your list?

Here is the list the HD sent to me (it includes all suites on deck 12)

We have actually booked 12018 (plus 12020 and 12022) for next March hoping it will indeed be fixed :D

· Family suites with water marks on the window or steamy windows between the glass:

12502, 12506, 12510, 12512, 12520, 12522, 12526, 12528, 12530, 12530

· Family suites that the windows are NOT in good condition:

12500, 12508, 12002, 12008, 12018

· Family suites with windows in good condition:

12000, 12006,012010, 12012, 12020, 12022, 12026, 12028, 12030, 12032, 12516, 12518

if im in this category:

Family suites with water marks on the window or steamy windows between the glass:

Will all windows be bad or just one? can you not see anything?

I wish I could tell you from first had knowledge, but I did not look at all of the suites. We were in 12508 and only 1 window was good, so while we were onboard we asked the HD about the other suites since we knew we were going to book a Family Suite again twice in the future. We were supposed to see the other suites on debarkation day, but never got the chance. This list is the one he emailed to me AFTER we returned home.

wow, my fiance will go postal if our windows are all fogged. they should really compensate people for that - i know he will be looking for OBC or a future cruise credit. the whole point of these rooms is the windows, which is why we were ok foregoing a balcony (we did also want more space).

I wish I could tell you from first had knowledge, but I did not look at all of the suites. We were in 12508 and only 1 window was good, so while we were onboard we asked the HD about the other suites since we knew we were going to book a Family Suite again twice in the future. We were supposed to see the other suites on debarkation day, but never got the chance. This list is the one he emailed to me AFTER we returned home.

I was in 12506 March 2, 18 for the 9 day Mexican Riviera cruise. I think I'm pretty picky and I didn't notice bad windows in that Family Suite. My review of the cruise is here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=612043&et_cid=3037603&et_rid=178681800&et_referrer=Boards_WAR_CC

BUT were plenty of bad windows in the Thermal Suites. I didn't check out the other Family Suites. I am booked in 12508 next year. I probably should take the advice given earlier and try for a suite with good windows as of now. Thanks!

I was in 12506 March 2, 18 for the 9 day Mexican Riviera cruise. I think I'm pretty picky and I didn't notice bad windows in that Family Suite. My review of the cruise is here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=612043&et_cid=3037603&et_rid=178681800&et_referrer=Boards_WAR_CC

BUT were plenty of bad windows in the Thermal Suites. I didn't check out the other Family Suites. I am booked in 12508 next year. I probably should take the advice given earlier and try for a suite with good windows as of now. Thanks!

Good to know no problems in 12506. Great review too!

Definitely 12508 had fogged windows for us, but hopefully they will all be fixed in dry dock.

Edited by jvsnana

wow, my fiance will go postal if our windows are all fogged. they should really compensate people for that - i know he will be looking for OBC or a future cruise credit. the whole point of these rooms is the windows, which is why we were ok foregoing a balcony (we did also want more space).

I agree about compensation...(we did not ask for it or receive anything).

I am guessing it is too late to switch suites, right?

Per the email list I received, your suite will just have water marks on them...or at worst they will be fogged/steamy resulting in a distorted view. The email did not say how many of the 4 floor to ceiling windows in each suite were bad. So, knowing ahead of time, at least you will be prepared to calmly and articulately ask for the compensation/OBC/FCC that you deem appropriate. It still is a great suite!

Don't let it ruin your vacation...we didn't and loved the extra space. We rearranged the furniture so we could enjoy the good window view, haha.

oh, we wont let it ruin it.... still frustrating tho. we've found that NCL usually takes good care of us when there's an issue like this. Just frustrating that sometimes you need to be pushy about it, rather than them offering up something.

oh, we wont let it ruin it.... still frustrating tho. we've found that NCL usually takes good care of us when there's an issue like this. Just frustrating that sometimes you need to be pushy about it, rather than them offering up something.

When is your cruise?

Please come back and let us know how it went :)

• 2 weeks later...
We were told that the dry dock will be going on for 3 weeks after the Transatlantic crossing in May and there will actually be some going on during the crossing. Looks like it will be 5/6 to 5/24 per scheduled sailings in Europe.

We were told that Le Bistro and La Cucina will be switching locations.

Also that the Family Suites will be getting the windows fixed...hooray!

We sail again in March 2019 so it will be fun to see the changes :ship:

She should be nice and shiny for your June cruise!

Don't mean to be rude...but who told you the Family Suite windows will be fixed? I heard that before the last dry dock and yet they remain fogged....so I am hoping the Captain was the one who told you!

Don't mean to be rude...but who told you the Family Suite windows will be fixed? I heard that before the last dry dock and yet they remain fogged....so I am hoping the Captain was the one who told you!

Not rude at all :)

The Hotel Director is the one who told me. Here is my question and his answer from our ongoing emails after our bad window experience.....

"Will these windows be addressed in the May Dry Dock"?

"Yes all these issues have been addressed and should be rectified during our refit in May".

I am hoping this will be true, as we are set to sail in a Family Suite two more times in the near future.

We will have to hope someone comes back to report after dry dock to let us know it it actually happens!

I do share your skepticism though.

thanks.... we always get one of those and usually no matter how much research I do, we end up in a "foggy suite". Have one booked this year as well....Same issue on the Dawn so not sure they can be fixed.

thanks.... we always get one of those and usually no matter how much research I do, we end up in a "foggy suite". Have one booked this year as well....Same issue on the Dawn so not sure they can be fixed.

What cabin number are you in this year?

RATS!!!! I read a recent review that the views from that cabin were terrific so that is the one I booked!!!! OOPS... my bad...the review was for 12016 and THAT is the one we are in!