Drink packages Royal Caribbean

cheetah2112

I've been reading posts and I've only seen people saying that the Deluxe drink package only has to be purchased by 1 in a stateroom. When I went out to RC site, the price is at $43/day discount price but that both people 21+ in the same stateroom has to purchase. I can probably make this a worthwhile purchase but my wife doesn't drink much at all. It would be nice if I could get this package and wife gets the non-alcoholic package which is substantially cheaper.

Thoughts

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Sometimes it can be a bit confusing where to post.

While you will get answers here Easyboy has given you good advice as for all of your questions about RCI and/or its ships it a good idea to ask that on the RCI Board.

Keith

I've been reading posts and I've only seen people saying that the Deluxe drink package only has to be purchased by 1 in a stateroom. When I went out to RC site, the price is at $43/day discount price but that both people 21+ in the same stateroom has to purchase. I can probably make this a worthwhile purchase but my wife doesn't drink much at all. It would be nice if I could get this package and wife gets the non-alcoholic package which is substantially cheaper.

Thoughts

Call the cruise line customer service, they may allow one to purchase the alcoholic package and the other to purchase the Refreshment package.

New policy. Goes into affect for cruises after 1/1/18. But was tested on one or two ships prior.

Originally, you could call and get the other person exempted for various reasons. But it seems now, the other person will have to buy the lowest level drink package (Replenish) at least.