Carnival fascination

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:40 AM.
Puerto Rico
921 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Originally posted by skiingj
I just read some info on the cancellations, I doubt Carnival Is going to give all canceled sailings a free cruise credit. We should get something even if booked out in January as this has been a complete screw up by Carnival. On Monday sailings were a go and now Wednesday canceled. They owe me a FCC as well. I'm happy they canceled as the people of PR shouldn't have a cruise ship in port when there are so many other needs.
Well, I think we really need the biggest amount of ships in port as soon as feasibly possible. Small as it is, the estimated total economical impact to the island has been estimated at over $8M for the period the ship will be serving as a floating hotel.

Now, I work in the hospitality industry amd I can vouch for the need for rooms since there are a few big hotels still partially or completely closed (Ritz, El San Juan hotel, Intercontinental, Condado Plaza, to name a few). Of those still functional, some are taking limited bookings, some have been filled with government agency officials. The one I work at has enough abbreviated agency names for a letter soup. And if Carnival is anyway like hotels, the are glad to charter to the government. It guarantees a full house, promt payment and future bargaining chips. Trust me, Carnival didn't make the ship available in 48 hrs time just to "break even".

El Yunque is devastated and will be closed for quite some time. But most of old San Juan is moderately functional (not sure about the forts, though). If I'm not mistaken RCCL already resumed sailings from San Juan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Fascination Southern Caribbean review Oct 16-23, 2016: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2428818

Carnival Liberty Southern Caribbean Aug. 2-9, 2015: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2261918

Carnival Valor Sept. 14-21, 2014 Review:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...91ca&t=2108828

3 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
I rebooked on another Carnival sailing and received the 25% discount. We used that to upgrade to a much nicer room and I still have $120 coming back to me.

I called American Air and changed my destination. I had non-refundable tickets, but they're waving the $200 change fees. The difference in airfare was going to be almost $200pp, which was conveniently the same amount Carnival is covering. After putting me on hold for a bit, she came back and surprised me by waiving the difference in airfare too.

All-in-all, pretty good customer service from both Carnival and AA!
N. California
337 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by drlarsen
I rebooked on another Carnival sailing and received the 25% discount. We used that to upgrade to a much nicer room and I still have $120 coming back to me.
Was the 25% discount based on the old fare you paid for Fascination? I'm looking at re-booking and it looks like the 25% is based on the old fare per my TA. Thanks in advance!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future:
2018 – Carnival Fascination>>> Glory (Caribbean)
2018 – RCCL Symphony (Caribbean)

Past:
2004 – HAL Zuiderdam (Caribbean)
2006 – Carnival Triumph (Caribbean)

2007 – Costa Fortuna (Europe)
2008 – HAL Zuiderdam (Caribbean)
2008 – Carnival Spirit (Mexican Rivera)
2009 – Carnival Spirit (Alaska)
2010 – HAL Oosterdam (Mexican Rivera)

2011 – Carnival Valor (Caribbean)
2011 – Carnival Spirit (Mexican Rivera)
2012 – Carnival Breeze (Europe)
2012 – Carnival Liberty (Caribbean)

2013 – Carnival Breeze (Caribbean)
2013 – Carnival Inspiration (Mexican Rivera)

2013 – Carnival Miracle (Mexican Rivera)
2014 – HAL Eurodam (Caribbean)
2014 – Carnival Breeze (Caribbean)
2015 – HAL Noordam (Caribbean)
2015 – Crown Princess (Mexican Rivera)
2016 – RCCL Allure (Caribbean)
2016 – Carnival Vista (Europe)
2016 – RCCL Allure (Caribbean)
2016 – Carnival Vista (Europe)
2017 – RCCL Harmony (Caribbean)
2017 – HAL Nieuw Amsterdam (Alaska)
2017 – HAL Nieuw Amsterdam (Pacific Coastal)
North Carolina
1,924 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
The 25% credit is figured on the base cost of the original cruise without taxes and fees.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
VA next year near Topsail Island, NC
116 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Originally posted by Pyrate13
We were scheduled for 12/3 sailing so it affects us as well. I fail to see how this is a "complete screw up by Carnival". Did they cause the hurricane, the destruction, the need for assistance? Whether they are paid for the charter or not they are helping those in need.

Yes, we will get a refund and a 25% FCC, and if you book another Fascination cruise there is a $100 OBC. If you have flight changes they will also pay up to $200 Pp for change fees. What the heck more do you want???

Hey Fran, I just pulled up our new booking on the Fascination that my sis re-booked yesterday. I only see a $50 OBC.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

3 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Originally posted by skiingj
Was the 25% discount based on the old fare you paid for Fascination? I'm looking at re-booking and it looks like the 25% is based on the old fare per my TA. Thanks in advance!
That's right, it's 25% of the old fare before taxes and fees.
Virginia
86 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
I was supposed to be on the cancelled 10/1 sailing. We were offered the Bahamas cruise and the $200 in OBC if we rebooked the Fascination. I just called my PVP to rebook and I *almost* got lumped in with the 100% FCC offer. My PVP put me on hold to check with his supervisor and I ended up with the correct offer. Sailing on 4/8/18! Can't wait!

** before I get flamed for trying to "scam" a better offer, I didn't. I asked if I could combine my cancellation offer with my offer I received when I got off the ship yesterday. His response "probably not since your cancellation offer is 100% cruise credit". I corrected him with my offer but did let him know I would be happy to take the offer he was describing. No go. I was able to combine my two offers tho. Happily sailing with $250 in credits.
North Carolina
1,924 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Dee,

Did Bonnie (by the way, my sisters name as well) book with a TA or directly with Carnival? Either way she needs to make a call. I re-checked my new booking and do indeed show a $100 OBC.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
St. Louis
197 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Originally posted by A&Jfamily
Well...all those who were commenting on CCL lack of hurricane relief...what do you say now? FEMA is using her for housing for relief workers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
That must have been an interesting conversation. Private corps are under no obligation to help anyone. Still bummed my cruise was cancelled but we are on another ship now and carnival did a great job helping us out. I was very surprised at how easy it was.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2014 - Carnival Glory - Exotic Eastern Caribbean
2014 - Carnival Elation - Progreso and Cozumel
2016 - Carnival Glory - Journey Cruise
2017 - Carnival Miracle - Mexican Riviera

Upcoming Cruise:

December 2017 - Carnival Fascination>>>Splendor -Eastern Caribbean
November 2018 - Norwegian Star - Panama Canal Transit

Phila. PA
19,840 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Originally posted by v3cruiser
That must have been an interesting conversation. Private corps are under no obligation to help anyone. Still bummed my cruise was cancelled but we are on another ship now and carnival did a great job helping us out. I was very surprised at how easy it was.
capitalism is a wonderful thing.

Bill