Countdown Clock Troubles

kakalina

I do not know what I am doing wrong. I have done this so many times before. But when I go add a new countdown clock I am taken to this "I am not a robot" page. I check the place it says to check and then click on the pix to show I am not a robot and then it goes to a white page and just stays there.

Nothing happens and no changes are made. Any ideas out there? Virgil was the IT person in our family and I am at a loss . :loudcry:

I do not know what I am doing wrong. I have done this so many times before. But when I go add a new countdown clock I am taken to this "I am not a robot" page. I check the place it says to check and then click on the pix to show I am not a robot and then it goes to a white page and just stays there.

Nothing happens and no changes are made. Any ideas out there? Virgil was the IT person in our family and I am at a loss . :loudcry:

If you are using Internet Explorer or Edge browsers, try Chrome or Firefox. Or Safari if you are on a Mac.

I just tried it with Chrome and it never asked me to prove I was not a robot, and had no hangups or problems.

Edited by jtl513

I just created a countdown clock and didn't get the page that wants me to prove I'm not a robot. Weird. I'm using Firefox - maybe that's the difference. I just went to the "Countdown Clocks" on the "Edit Signature" portion and filled in the blanks, copied the code and pasted it. Voila!

BTW, I just realized you're embarking on our 40th anniversary - we'll raise our glasses to you for a wonderful cruise.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

If you don't have Chrome or Firefox available I have another suggestion: Modify the clock that have there for Maasdam 8-1-2016 to be for the new cruise. Open the signature editor and click on the symbol in the upper right-hand corner that looks like A/A.

In the code that you see, replace Maasdam and the date with the new info and Preview. If it looks OK, Save. :)

I suspect that this is the new format causing a problem.

I am getting the "I am not a robot too", but I just click it and then it posts. I don't have to do anything to prove I am "not a robot". Very strange.

... but I just click it and then it posts. I don't have to do anything to prove I am "not a robot".
Just by clicking you prove you are not a robot because a bot would not see the message and not know to do the click.

Just by clicking you prove you are not a robot because a bot would not see the message and not know to do the click.

True John, but most websites that I go to ask me to insert a code that they post to prove I am not a robot. It's sporadic so I don't know what causes this at all.

So far, it has not stopped me from posting.

True John, but most websites that I go to ask me to insert a code that they post to prove I am not a robot.
Yeah, that's called a CAPTCHA - an acronym for "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart" - a type of challenge-response test used in computing to determine whether or not the user is human. It's a stronger test than just a simple click.

Thanks for the suggestions. I went over to Chrome and although I had to both check the box and click on the pictures it worked. Or it said it did. I guess I'll know when I post this. :D

Is this a CC thing? I downloaded a separate app for a clock but it's not very good, having something integrated into CC would be great as I'm on here nearly every day!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At the top of the page there is a blue band of choices. The last choice is more. Click on that and you will see countdown clocks. Click on that and just follow instructions. It is actually pretty easy.

Delighted to see you cruising again! We were with you on the Tales of the South Pacific in 2015 and were not sure you would. Have a wonderful time - you deserve it!

Thank you arzz. I had a good time on that cruise with y'all, it took some getting used to. I see you have quite the itineraries coming up. Have a wonderful time yourselves.