Premier 1 Driving Services - any reviews?

indycpa4u

This company posted on a Facebook group for our upcoming cruise. We (5 of us) are not arriving until 11pm Saturday, so the shuttles and even UberXL are all over $90 to get us at FLL and take us to Homewood Suites in Miami. This gentleman quoted me a $90 fee, which sounds good but I can't find any reviews on the company. Has anyone used them?

A company by that name with a Broward County address has been registered with the state of Florida since February 2016.

Their 2017 annual report includes a change of both address and registered agent.

Their website seems to portray them as a high volume multi vehicle agency with services ranging from hotel shuttles to school field trips to sporting event charters.. But the fact that they are trolling Facebook looking for business is a giant red flag--especially in this town. Clients solicit providers, not the other way around; I would think a CPA would recognize the inherent risks right away.

But as you are genuinely considering using them--From their website:

Ft Lauderdale Airport to Downtown Miami Hotel

3PM - 7PM minimum $72 (5 or more persons @ $15 each (sic))

7PM - 12AM (sic) minimum $90 (5 or more persons @ $18 each)

Beyond the questionable math in the earlier rate: were you given a FIRM $90 quote in writing? Which specifies the amount of luggage included? And also specifies there will not be any additional charge if the ride lasts beyond midnight?

Because your ride will definitely last past midnight as traffic is murder heading towards Downtown Miami on Saturday nights. Interstate 95 will be severely backed up at the interchanges with the causeways to Miami Beach (I-195 and I-395) plus the Brickell area is absolute gridlock at that hour--restaurants and clubs are just hitting their stride at midnight on Saturday.

Check with Larry's Limos and private service from Go Airport Shuttle (based at FLL). Or you could squeeze 5 plus bags into a mini-van cab and the fare will be about $80+tip. Or cancel your Miami hotel reservations, stay near FLL, and shuttle straight to the port the next morning. Have a good cruise! :)

A company by that name with a Broward County address has been registered with the state of Florida since February 2016.

Their 2017 annual report includes a change of both address and registered agent.

Their website seems to portray them as a high volume multi vehicle agency with services ranging from hotel shuttles to school field trips to sporting event charters.. But the fact that they are trolling Facebook looking for business is a giant red flag--especially in this town. Clients solicit providers, not the other way around; I would think a CPA would recognize the inherent risks right away.

But as you are genuinely considering using them--From their website:

Ft Lauderdale Airport to Downtown Miami Hotel

3PM - 7PM minimum $72 (5 or more persons @ $15 each (sic))

7PM - 12AM (sic) minimum $90 (5 or more persons @ $18 each)

Beyond the questionable math in the earlier rate: were you given a FIRM $90 quote in writing? Which specifies the amount of luggage included? And also specifies there will not be any additional charge if the ride lasts beyond midnight?

Because your ride will definitely last past midnight as traffic is murder heading towards Downtown Miami on Saturday nights. Interstate 95 will be severely backed up at the interchanges with the causeways to Miami Beach (I-195 and I-395) plus the Brickell area is absolute gridlock at that hour--restaurants and clubs are just hitting their stride at midnight on Saturday.

Thanks for your insight! I most definitely had some concerns...hence the post. My only thought was that perhaps they were new and attempting to pick up some market share by undercutting the competition in hopes of gaining referrals. Since no one seems to have any experience with them, I will not be the first.

I have zero knowledge of the Miami nightlife and traffic patterns, so I also appreciate the heads up on the area!

Check with Larry's Limos and private service from Go Airport Shuttle (based at FLL). Or you could squeeze 5 plus bags into a mini-van cab and the fare will be about $80+tip. Or cancel your Miami hotel reservations, stay near FLL, and shuttle straight to the port the next morning. Have a good cruise! :)

Thanks John...I may very well switch hotels. We don't embark until Monday, so have Sunday to explore and hit the beaches. Now, possibly switch hotels from Fort Lauderdale to something closer to POM.

Premier 1 Driving Services is affiliated with SAS Transportation, we specialize in transportation after 3pm.

EDITQUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

This company posted on a Facebook group for our upcoming cruise. We (5 of us) are not arriving until 11pm Saturday, so the shuttles and even UberXL are all over $90 to get us at FLL and take us to Homewood Suites in Miami. This gentleman quoted me a $90 fee, which sounds good but I can't find any reviews on the company. Has anyone used them?

Just to follow up on this post. I did end up using Premier after he contacted me and verified it was a flat rate with no additional fees. It worked out great!! He was there ready for us when we landed and was very polite. The van was spotless as well. This was the cheapest option from FLL to our hotel in Miami/Brickell (even cheaper then Uber at 11pm) and I would definitely use again.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We have this service booked for October and it was SAS that gave us the contact as they don't shuttle after 3pm. They have been very responsive so far but appreciate hearing their service was well received.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...