Magic Cove Balcony 2315-Odor?

BundlesofFun

I originally wanted cove balcony 2288 for our Magic sailing next June but someone got it the day before I was able to. I saw that 2315 was available in the same location on the starboard side so I assumed it would be the same and booked it. However, now I'm reading about a bad smell from the vents outside on the starboard side that can make the balconies almost unusable, and that 2305 and 2309 are affected. Can someone who's stayed in 2315 say whether it's also affected? Thanks.

We stayed in cabin 2293 and the smell was so bad that we couldn't use the balcony 5 out of 7 days. Guest services tried to find the issue but to no avail. They sent us a lovely wine and cheese platter but they said they couldn't find the source of the smell. I am booked in that cabin for Bermuda cruise 2019 and I think I may have to change it if I see the problem persist

I had 2315 on the magic in May 2017, there was a horrible smell on the balcony most days that occasionally even made the room and hallway outside of the room smell. We ended up getting OBC because of the smell (I think it was $300) so it basically made it where we paid what we would have for an oceanview which I was okay with since we got to use the balcony a few times.

We also had one night where the AC completely stopped working in that room and would not cut on at all. I found that to be much more annoying than the smell even because it was around midnight when I was trying to go to sleep and I cannot sleep when I am hot. It started working again a few hours later thank god.

I had 2315 on the magic in May 2017, there was a horrible smell on the balcony most days that occasionally even made the room and hallway outside of the room smell. We ended up getting OBC because of the smell (I think it was $300) so it basically made it where we paid what we would have for an oceanview which I was okay with since we got to use the balcony a few times.

We also had one night where the AC completely stopped working in that room and would not cut on at all. I found that to be much more annoying than the smell even because it was around midnight when I was trying to go to sleep and I cannot sleep when I am hot. It started working again a few hours later thank god.

That's what I was afraid of. I'll be switching, probablybto either 2298 or 2322. I'm disappointed since I really wanted one with no lifeboat directly overhead but I'd rather be able to actually use the balcony. Thank you very much.